Saturday, September 7, 2019

The Nightmare Approaches

The Red Sox are as good as their line-up appears.

I can't figure how they lost so many games to mediocre teams, and can destroy the yankees by the end of the first inning.

We needed the hurricane to make it up to Boston, but it went out to sea.

There is a worse scenario than that which Duque bespoke.  Specifically, we could witness a World Series between Boston and the METS.

Right now, we can't beat either team.

The Mets have everything;  home run leader; rookie of the year; league MVP; likely batting champ, youth, great starting pitching; and the back pages of every NYC paper.

Boston's just now waking up from its post championship haze. With 25 pitchers...all ugly and all with full beards...it is hard for the Yankees to make contact with the ball.  Last night seemed like a rigged fight.

Worse, we have the looming threats of Stanton returning, Hicks "working his way back," a return to normalcy for Tauchman, Voit and the missing Maybin, and we  remain
haunted by Frazier running into walls again, failing to catch the ball and not hitting any fair balls.

And we have Aaron Boone making up stories about how we are delighted to have difficult roster decisions in front of us.  And Dallas Keutchel is in Atlanta.

The last chip for the Yankees is that everyone is counting on Dellin and Luis to be saviors.

Get ready;  Mets vs. Boston in 2019.  World Series.  Two teams back from the dead.  A story for the decade.

And we can't win no matter the outcome.

Is alcoholism the answer?


7 comments:

Urban Farmer formerly known as DutchFan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Urban Farmer formerly known as DutchFan said...

Finally a question I can answer even though I do not possess the in-depth knowledge of the game like you natives have.
Based on my medical background (really) I can assure you that alcoholism is not just the answer, it is the panacea for all Yankees related pain and ailments.

We do advice to use Single malt whisky, preferably Ardberg or Talisker Skye. It offers both the sedation and comes with the pleasure of the sensation you are smoking a Cuban at the same time.

So glad I could be of help

HoraceClarke66 said...

I dunno...after 2004, last year was pretty miserable. Theologically, I could not even root against the Red Sox, because it would mean rooting for the Dodgers.

Not even Sox-Mets would be worse than that.

Retired Stratman said...

I agree with Urban Farmer but would suggest that 10 year old Bulliet bourbon would be more efficacious.

Anonymous said...

THAT BETTER BE FICTION ALPHONSO....

...BECAUSE IF IT ISN'T, IT WOULD BE END OF DAYS FOR ME.

I COULDN'T SURVIVE IT.

NOT EVEN WITH THE GENTLEMAN.

TheWinWarblist said...

And Dallas Keutchel is in Atlanta. And whitey's on the moon.




Damm you, FuckyouHal, damm you.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.