Monday, September 30, 2019

There Are No Odds In Baseball

The Twins are here to hit home runs and shut us down.

The past, in this instance, has no impact on the present.  It can and should be ignored.

There is no coin flip blather about odds and five times out of ten or one of two.

There is only these earthly, non mathematical,  considerations;

1.  What will Stanton do with the bases loaded and one out, the Yanks needing a run in desperation?

2.  Did rest "cure" Severino, or is he again hurting but afraid to say?

3.  Is it going to be the right move to use Luke instead of Ford?

4.  Will Gary rise to the occasion or flame out?

5.  How will Judge perform, now that he has been surpassed by a Met's rookie?

6.  Will Gio have fire, speed and agility, or is he too banged up ?

7.  The Big Maple or Carl Pavano?

8.  And the bullpen, right or wrong. We need to get back the spit and fire.  

I hope we don't wind up blowing in the wind.


8 comments:

13bit said...

I know I'm a broken record, BUT

WHY did they rest everybody when they knew we'd have five days off?

Carl J. Weitz said...

After The Astro's clinched home field on Saturday the last game meant nothing.Actually, I don't think Saturday's game meant anything because the game started after the Astros beat the Angels in an afternoon game. Maybe more people are banged up than they are admitting?

Carl J. Weitz said...

Alphonso....I think you have captured the source of most Yankee fans anxiety with those questions.

HoraceClarke66 said...

And yes, Carl, I think they are very, very banged up.

Didi, Gleyber, and Gio have barely produced in a month. Voit is openly struggling. I hope they are all spending the four off days in a whirlpool bath,

Local Bargain Jerk said...


1. Answering in the context of the entire series. He'll get a clutch hit in one of the earlier games in that situation, get all our hope sup, and then go oh-fer for the remainder.

2. The latter.

3. No, but Boone will do it anyway.

4. The latter.

5. Like a guy with a nagging oblique injury.

6. I believe in Gio, so I'll be optimistic on this one. At the least, he'll have fire and agility.

7. ANYONE but Carl Pavano.

8. Agreed.

HoraceClarke66 said...

You get an "A," LBJ!!

Particularly on Giancarlo. Even if he keeps up his rate of not-sucking in every 2 of 9 games, Stanton will contribute something maybe once in each series, assuming we get to two of them.

And of course, being up against better pitching, he won't do that.

Anonymous said...

PINPOINT.

#1. STANTON

#7. PAXTON OR PAVANO.

THOSE 2 WILL MOST LIKELY DETERMINE THIS WHOLE POST SEASON.

I THINK I'M GONNA BARF.

BWAHHHHHHHARFF!!!

EXCUSE ME, SORRY. (WIPING PUKE DRIP FROM MY CHIN).

EXCUSE ME.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.