Sunday, March 28, 2010

Letter to the Editor: "I am constantly annoyed ... by cats, right-wing Republicans and Yankee fans..."


Anchorage Daily News (Alaska)
March 21, 2010 Sunday

Dear Editors,

I was saddened and angered to read that Lowell Mueller felt justified in shooting from his window and killing a neighborhood Chihuahua. I was even more saddened and angered by the overwhelming support Mueller received in the comments section on adn.com.

There has long been a proven link between cruelty to animals and cruelty to human beings (see americanhumane.org for more information). I shudder to think what might happen if a noisy kid wanders by the yard of some of those posters on adn.com -- or happens to be in the line of fire while they're taking potshots at poodles.
I am constantly annoyed and/or harassed by cats, right-wing Republicans and Yankees fans but it never occurred to me to take a shot at any of them.

Folks, you can call animal control, call the dog's owner or even scoop up the furball and take him to the pound yourself. A nuisance dog is just that: a nuisance. He doesn't deserve to die.

Ed Brandt
Anchorage

No comments: