Thursday, March 31, 2016

Johnny Barbato wins the coveted 2016 James P. Dawson Award. Want to feel pain? Here are the last 12 winners

Last year: Slade Heathcott
2014: Masahiro Tanaka
2013: Vidal Nino
2012: David Phelps
2011: Manny Banuelos
2010: Jon Weber*
2009: Brett Gardner
2008: Shelley Duncan
2007: Kei Igawa
2006: Eric Duncan
2005: Andy Phillips
2004: Bubba Crosby

Twelve years, two meaningful Yankees.

Weber, in case you've forgotten, was a journeyman minor leaguer who signed to compete for the fifth OF spot. He led the Yaankees in spring training with a .483 batting average, but got clipped at the final cuts, in favor of Marcus Thames. He went to Scranton and disappeared.

2 comments:

Alphonso said...

This has to be an April Fool's joke. Johnny Barbato? Barbato?

" Now pitching for the Yankees, number 112, Johnny Barbato...... Number 112. "

Good friggin' luck.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.