Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Like the stock market bubble, the housing bubble, the bond bubble, the precious metals bubble, Alan Greenspan's prostate problems and Trump's flip-flop on supporting the official GOP nominee, nobody could have seen this one coming

Pardon the references to the financial markets, but now that I'm retired I spend much of the day following the markets and "managing" my pitifully inadequate retirement account. (The Trump reference was just something I couldn't resist.)
Anyway....Wallace Matthews laid it out on ESPN, and even though he works at the Gammonite Rezidentura, you can't fault his accuracy but you can -- oh, brother, can you ever -- fault the decision-making process of the Yankees:
If it was based strictly on the numbers, the New York Yankees' fifth starter competition would have been no contest. 
Bryan Mitchell, with a 2-0 spring training record and 0.61 ERA in 14 2/3 innings, would have been the hands-down winner. 
But as many suspected, the contest really was decided by other numbers, such as years of service, World Series rings, Cy Young Awards and yes, zeroes on the paycheck. 
So while the 24-year-old Mitchell will be coming north with the Yankees when they break camp this weekend -- manager Joe Girardi said "he'll be with us, one way or the other" -- the No. 5 starter's job Mitchell was supposedly competing for along with Ivan Nova and CC Sabathia has apparently been won by Sabathia.

1 comment:

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.