Sunday, November 11, 2018

Yankees must enshrine Miriam Adelson in Monument Park

It's long overdue, but humanity is finally saying "Thank you!" 

When you think of the great Americans - Babe Ruth, Elvis Presley, Orrin Hatch, etc. - all too often, Miriam Adelson was overlooked. And everybody knew why: It's because she is a proud, trailblazing, mirthful, marvelous, effervescent and perfectly lovely lassie!

Well, we're off the hook. Miriam is the one-woman powder puff qualifier for the Presidential Medal of Freedom. 

Which means it's time for the Yankees to get off the crapper.

Dammit, the Yankees must enshrine Miriam Adelson in Monument Park. Old "Number 55" - as in millions of dollars given to GOP groups in September - deserves a bronze bust.

Sadly, she has also been denied: a) an Academy Award, b) a Nobel Prize, c) the Heisman Trophy and d) a Teen Choice Award.

While we're at it, what about Jerry Hall, the latest wife of Rupert Murdoch? Is she chopped liver?  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing that. I had her on Mount Rushmore.

Doug K.

13bit said...

I'm with you all the way, Duque. A towering American who embodies all that we are as a country at this moment.

Anonymous said...

Please, duque, pick ANY other number - - #55 has been defiled enough, already, since Hideki graced us with his presence. I can't STAND seeing anyone else wearing that number, ever again - - unless he/(she) is a really top-flight true Yankee fave.

I think, perhaps, we had best let Bibi & Rumpy bestow the honorifics on Dr. Adelson - - that's Mrs. SHELDON Adelson to youse bozos, Bub! LB (No J)

P.S. Good thing I haven't eaten yet tonight...

TheWinWarblist said...

Duque, you're bring up politics again. Am I gonna have to go all medieval on your ass?

JM said...

Jerry Hall...muse of Bryan Ferry of Roxy Music, appearing on the group's fifth album cover as a blue mermaid...breaking Ferry's heart by traipsing off with Mick Jagger and having four of his children, finally divorcing him...now 62 and seeing the 457 year old Murdoch (oddly, Ferry has become a conservative Tory over time, the political part of his transformation from the son of a coal miner into a faux aristocrat).

I had a girlfriend who I lived with for five years who was from Texas, also, and had the same smile and long blond hair. I have not yet become a Tory or reached 457 years old. Jagger has 1276 children so far, I have none.

Just for the record.

Anonymous said...

Women like Jerry Hall are really interesting.

Like Mia Farrow - Frank Sinatra, Andre Previn, Woody Allen. Those are three very different types of guys. (Aside from fame and excellence in their field.) She must be an amazing person.

Doug K.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.