Tuesday, January 8, 2019

This Machado-Harper Soap Opera......an endless tale of "will he or won't he, and where?"

The drama of who will accept $300 million from whom is wearing me out.

It is the soap opera supreme.

Why focus on anything meaningful, when we can be distracted by this hype and folly?

Instead of a lucrative baseball contract, let's just write a new soap for daytime TV with Manny and Bryce co-stars.

In no time, they will make more than they could on the diamond.

And their supporting cast will smell much better.

I am wrung with boredom and disinterest.

I will hate seeing either of these faux humans forever.

Baseball is ruined.

Can't the world just stop paying attention?

Until it appears as the next P&G sponsored daytime Soap Opera, please;  no one speak or write of Manny or Bryce in any capacity.

 Ever again.

5 comments:

13bit said...

It truly is ruined, Alphonso.

I'm sure you remember Yogi talking about how they had to sell furniture or mens clothes in the off-season, which is why bonus money from winning the series was so big for them.

I'm not saying we go back to those days, but pro athletes, like Manhattan real estate, are completely overvalued. TV money has fucked us all.

Advertising is the devil.

Man is wolf to man, as one of my gulag books is titled.

Blah blah woof woof.

Suck my balls, Brian.

JM said...

The owners are making a whole lot more than the players. Massive amounts. I do not blame the players for demanding their share of the box office. The fact that most owners are incredibly cheap, a category that now includes our "threadbare" billionaire Hal, is far worse a problem for baseball than the fact that players want a piece of the pie.

Anonymous said...

FUCK 'EM BOTH.

GO WITH CLINT AND ANDUJAR.

DONE.

Alphonso said...

Clint and Andujar...I support that 110%.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.