Monday, August 1, 2022

Waking up from the drunk blog: Is Frankie Montas a Holmes or a Heaney?

Mariano, Mickey, Yogi, Jeet.. UHH!  

Where am I?

Oh, it's you.  How long have I been sleeping? A day? Two? Five? 

Ummm...

So... I hear the Yankees got Frankie Montas from Oakland for four minor leaguers who Team Cash says:

a) were all going to be lost in next December's Rule 5 draft, anyway

b) were part of an unprecedented wave of Yankee talent, anyway

c) weren't that good, anyway.

I guess they had to do something. And we still have The Martian.

I must have dreamed he was going in a trade..

8 comments:

AboveAverage said...

el duque . . . .

shouldn't you be somewhere fast asleep, plugged into an IV getting sober?

HoraceClarke66 said...

Or as the Eagles would say:

I'm goin' back in time and it's a sweet dream
It was a quiet night and I would be all right
If I could go on sleeping
But every mornin' I wake up and worry
What's gonna happen today?
You see it your way I see it mine
But we both see it slippin' away...

HoraceClarke66 said...

Not Heaney!

Not Heaney, God!...

TheWinWarblist said...

Lou Trivino is a terrible major league pitcher. Minus 0.9 bWAR this year. MINUS!!! His WHIP of 1.88 would be super kinky if we were running a live sex club, but WHY THE FUCK IS HE A YANKEE NOW !!??!?!?!?!?

ranger_lp said...

Matt Blake will fix him…

JM said...

Because Cashman is a genii.

AboveAverage said...

CLOWN OF STRIKEOUTS
(adapted for the internet by putting it on a piece of wood and hammering a few nails through it)

Goodbye Gallo my old friend

I'm really thankful its the end

Because you're always striking out

And your twitching ends with a pout

And that hyper tension living in my veins

Still remains

You're still - a clown - of strikeouts




The Hammer of God said...

Didn't know Lou Trivino was that awful. Wow, seriously, WTF? Perhaps the A's insisted on our taking him if we wanted Montas? Even so, it doesn't seem like such a good trade now.