FIFTY THOUSAND MOONS
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Posted by el duque at 7:06 AM
2. This is one of the great things about religions. Today, there is one pope. Tomorrow, there will be an entirely new pope, and that means an entirely different game. Other sports put the same two teams out there. But it's not that way with popes.
3. Right now, it's impossible to say if the Pope is hurt. But stick around, and you can bet that Suzyn will have the inside story on her clubhouse report.
4. The Catholic Church needs some timely pope-ing. It can't keep leaving pontiffs in scoring position. Somebody has to bring them home, in the clutch, and it starts with getting cardinals on base.
5. If God is looking for new captain, well, Derek Jeter is an amazing human being.
6. With the current overshift to the right, the next pope can make huge inroads if he just shortens its swing and hits to the left. If he lays down a bunt, he can practically walk to heaven. Nobody is covering the left side. Of course, if it were easy, everybody would do it. It's not.
7. When the pope retires, and he's officially out, he'll be safe and secure. And you can keep your family safe and secure...
8. A loss like this would leave a pope-sized hole in Joe Girardi's rotation. You have to hope the Church has some talented youngsters who can step in and fill the void.
9. He is high, he is pious, he is... GONE. It's a Jack - from Benny! Oh, Benedict, you're something sort of God-ish!