Thursday, September 29, 2011

I Told You So.....

You'll note that I am often quoted as saying, or having said, " Yankee collapse is imminent."


In case you weren't watching, my forecast came true last night.

We lead by 7 runs in the 8th inning against a team not known for offense.
A game we have to lose is, apparently, in the bag.

By the bottom of the 9th, despite using all of our best young pitching arms, we are up 7-6.

Two outs, no one on, and Tampa pinch hits for Sam Fuld, one of the world's favorite players. Personally, I was looking forward to the kid coming up "BIG" at that moment and delivering, making history for himself.

But he sat.

Suddenly, a home run from a guy who had hit maybe one homer in his last 80- at bats. It is tied.
The game drags on and on. But we get to see everyone not nailed down in Scranton. Except Kei Igawa.

As soon as the Baltimore score flashes on the board, Longoria dumps a liner into the seats in short left and we are cooked.

We collapsed in the 8th inning, with a 7-0 lead in a game with playoff implications. We watched the Rays dance all over the field.

I told you so.

Somehow, it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.


No comments: