Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Saturday, May 14, 2016

I Finally Figured Out Why The Yankees Can ( usually ) Only Score 2 Runs



The reason is Brett Gardener.

It is as if he is the designated, " automatic out."

Situation:  runners on 2nd and 3rd and we have just been robbed of a run, because of the ground rule double.

Brett makes out.

Situation:  Runner on second, and Yanks need insurance run.  Gardener goes down looking.

Brett gets all his hits when they don't matter.  We are losing 7-0 in the 9th, with two out.  Gary hits a solo homer.  We lose 7-1.

If you want an at bat to put you to sleep, watch Brett at the plate.

He just never gets a clutch hit.

Good thing he moved to 7th in the line-up today.  I would bat him 9th.

 I would make him bunt at every at bat.

Or, sit him down.

I never liked him.  Now I know why.

4 comments:

Parson Tom said...

Sorry to hijack your thread, Alphonso. You are right. As usual, you are 100 percent right. Brett is ready to be put out to the garden.

But the bigger issues with the Yankees line-up persist and cannot be neglected, especially when the team is trying to sweep this dirty little problem under the rug.

They think that Headley's recent "surge" -- 2 HRs and BA approaching .200 -- will distract us from the biggest hole in the Yankees lineup since Danny Tartabull. A couple more hits, and the propagandists may soon spin stories of an in-season comeback for "the steady veteran."

No, Sir! This guy is Below Replacement, and I think we have a large enough sample size to prove it. The longer they let nice-guy Headley amble up to the plate, strike a quavering pose with the bat and then ground elegantly to second, the more I think there is no pride in the Yankee organization.

Anonymous said...

.....AND THE FACT THAT GARDNER ALMOST COMPLETELY ABANDONED HIS PAST BASE RUNNING ABILITY, I THINK ACTUALLY MAKES HIM A BELOW AVERAGE OFFENSIVE PLAYER.....FUCKING SHAME.

Anonymous said...

......AND TOM, YOU ARE RIGHT ON THE BUTTON ABOUT THIS HEADLEY SITUATION.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.