Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Win Streak...



It is my opinion that the Yankees are just beginning one of their longest win streaks of the season.

Oakland has no shot.

We will soon be a .500 club, the norm for mediocrity.

The old guys are coming back from injury.

The young turks are on the bus back to Scranton.

All is right with the Yankee world.

Hal's net worth grows by the hour.

Time to renew some contracts.

The only chance we ( the fans ) have, is if the Yankees do lose 100 as one of our esteemed bloggers  posits today.

To do that, we can't have games pitched like Eovaldi pitched last night.  We can't get through 6 with a lead. We need losses and injuries.   Losses and more injuries.

We need despair and hopelessness.

We need some mysterious intestinal illness to sweep the stadium at home games.

We are going to be bored to death by this team.  Even when it wins, I can't stay awake.

Mark my words.  The team is heating up.  You want to make some money?  Bet the farm on the Yankees tonight.

 It is a lock.


4 comments:

el duque said...

If we win tonight, it will be the stinging words of the Little Boss that turned this ship around.

Local Bargain Jerk said...


If I were a player on the team, and I was in the locker room, and I'd just gotten out of the shower, and the other guys were hanginig around reading the Little Boss' words out loud, I'd walk over to the corner, bend my knees slightly, and urinate on my employer's ficus plant.

There.

I said it.

Alphonso said...

I would do the same. Good thinking.

If the pretend boss was in the room, what if we peed on his leg?

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.