Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Global Warming Erases Yankee Fan Fun....



It just won't stop.

The relentless rain.

Always where we don't need it and rarely where we do.

NY Yankee baseball has been a nightmare, due to inclement weather in the east.

Just say the word, " Baltimore," and I run to the closet and put on my slicker and rubber boots.

When the big issue of the day is not the line-ups, or the starting pitchers, but the weather forecast, I know I am in trouble.

It is driving me crazy.

Drinking all day, while watching the " rainy day theater " movies Mustang suggests , is enervating and wearing my body down for no good purpose.  Who wants to endure a hangover when you can't even review the box score?   The newspapers just put in some " filler "  about the exciting junior college world series, in Dumbstruck, Oklahoma.

We better start tending to those glaciers, or we will be at June 3rd next year, with a record of 5-6 and twenty-two double headers scheduled.

Blah.

Is there mud wrestling on TV?

Pass the fucking limes and salt.

5 comments:

Stang said...

Support for your Mandatory Domed Stadium Law is growing, Alphonso.

ranger_lp said...

So it's conspiracy theory time...

"BALTIMORE — The Yankees were unhappy to learn on Friday that their July 8 game in Toronto was picked up by ESPN for “Sunday Night Baseball” and will be played at 8 p.m. instead of 1 p.m.

The Yankees are used to playing Sunday night games, but they are not thrilled about this one because they have a doubleheader in Baltimore the next day beginning at 4 p.m. (a product of the rainout of Thursday’s game).

Manager Aaron Boone — who came to the Yankees directly from the ESPN Sunday night booth — said he reached out “a little bit” to powerful people to see if something can be done to spare the Yankees from having to play a night game in Canada before a doubleheader in Baltimore."


https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/yankees-not-pleased-with-switch-to-sunday-night-baseball-next-month-1.18908204

Of course the American League, ESPN, et al is against the Yankees...

Anonymous said...

Buck up, Fonz - - the forecast here in eastern MI is very nice for tomorrow; should be OK to get two of those games in. The bad news is that the Mighty Tigers have been playing quite well in Comerica Park of late.

That could, of course, increase your liquid diet for Tuesday, if the '84 Tigers are channeled tomorrow.

Lets hope not. LB (No J)

KD said...

you wouldn't believe how green NJ is. amazing spring.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.