Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Virtual Off-Day: GIANCARLO FOUND! Traveled Through Desert with Nameless Nag. Clint Frazier's Job Reported in Jeopardy.

In a stunning turn of events even in what has been one of the Virtual New York Yankees' most extraordinary seasons off the field, long-lost slugger Giancarlo Stanton stumbled into a desert fracking station today, badly parched and burned by his long exposure to the sun, and wearing the shreds of his Yankees road uniform wrapped around his gaunt body.

Interviewed in the National Guard camp near the Mexican border where he was taken, Stanton appeared weary but surprisingly animated after he'd had a bath and a meal.  He was eager to answer reporters' questions about his long sojourn in the New Mexico desert, though he often seemed annoyed at their inability to comprehend his answers.

Many of the these questions involved the whereabouts of the horse that Stanton had reportedly been riding through much of his journey.

"I tell you, man:  it felt good to be out of the rain," Giancarlo informed the press.  "In the desert, you can remember your name, cause there's nobody out there for to give you no pain."

Asked if could remember the name of the horse he was on, Stanton shrugged the question off.

"I don't know the horse's name.  I tell you, though:  two days out in desert sun, my skin was red."

"You didn't know the horse's name?  What did you call it?  'Horse?' "

"C'mon, man!  Listen: after three days, I was lookin' at this river bed—"

"How did you feel about that, Giancarlo?"

"Felt bad, man.  I thought of the story it told of a river that flowed, and I was sad to see it was dead."

"Giancarlo, did you eat that horse—"

"Will you get off the fucking horse, man?  Look, maybe nine days after I was out there, I let the horse run free, because the desert had turned to sea.  You know what?  The ocean is a desert with its life underground, and the perfect disguise above.  Under the cities lies a heart made of ground, but you dickheads in the media won't give it no love."

Stanton subsequently admitted that he had survived in good part by eating small, spineless cacti he was able to discover out in the desert.  Soon after he devoured the first one, he was guided through the sands by a number of verbose, oversized animals, including a coyote and a crow.

He also described meeting "a man of knowledge," who would suddenly appear and disappear.  Stanton described this individual as a jolly, rotund figure, "both black and white," who might suddenly materialize right in front of him or on the top of a distant mountain.

At all times, though, Stanton recalled that this "man of knowledge" had a beer in one hand, a ham hock in the other, and two beautiful women wrapped around him.

"He taught me many things," the slugger related.  "Things about the game I never knew or understood before.  He opened up my whole mind.  He talked about hitting to the opposite field, and taking pitches, and playing the outfield, and even bunting.

"I asked what all this was, and he just threw back his head and laughed.  He said...he said...it was a Yanqui way of knowledge—"

At that moment, Stanton, whose travails had reduced him to a mere 125 pounds, collapsed into the arms of his doctors.  They later assured reporters that he would be fine, after a few more days of rest and rehydration.

The story of Stanton's reappearance was immediately conveyed to Yankees GM Brian Cashman in the darkened, bird-fortified bunker he is now residing in under Yankee Stadium, after an unfortunate, Opening Day lizard misrecognition episode.

Cashmere's eyes reportedly glowed with delight when he heard the news, and he had to blink back tears of joy.

"Now-now I can trade Frazier at last!" he was headed to cry out.  "Now I got that red-headed bastard right where I want him!  Bwahahahahahah!"






6 comments:

TheWinWarblist said...

He's always had that red-headed bastard - and all the rest of us - right where he wants him.

Urban Farmer formerly known as DutchFan said...

At all times, though, Stanton recalled that this "man of knowledge" had a beer in one hand, a ham hock in the other, and two beautiful women wrapped around him. 

Dear Lord, the virtual Alphonso

JM said...

Brilliant.

I'm surprised Stanton didn't say there were plants and birds and rocks and things. Which, almost 50 years ago, I thought was the dumbest lyric I ever heard and I think it still is among the top 20.

el duque said...

There are no "off" days.

Only "Off People."

HoraceClarke66 said...

Thanks, JM. And check out the comments by the New Mexico state police, back when Stanton first went into the desert. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.