Thursday, April 16, 2020

The IT IS HIGH plan to save baseball in 2020

Yesterday, the mayors of NY and LA said they cannot foresee baseball being played in their cities this year. In his daily news conference, President Trump lamented the need for games that "are not 14-years-old." 

The reality is that, until a vaccine is available, fans cannot be packed into stadiums, and well-intentioned plans for "bubble" leagues in Arizona and Florida suffer too many complications.

What can America do to save the national pastime?

Relax, everybody, I got this. Here's the 7-point plan: 

1. Ditch the traditional 30-team season until mid-2021.

2. Siphon from MLB rosters four "all-star" teams - the Reds, Blues, Greens and Purples. They will reflect regions of the country - the Northeast, the South, the Midwest and the West Coast. 

3. Players will be paid according to a scale negotiated by the union and owners, reflecting TV revenues for a reduced season.

4. The four richest men in America - Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Warren Buffet and Bill Gates - will "own" the teams. Each multi-billionaire can manage on the field or hand the games to celebrity surrogates, such as A-Rod and Jared Kushner. 

5. The four teams will face off every Saturday and Sunday, with two games played each day, over a 21-week season. Games will move from city to city, played in near-empty stadiums, before a few hundred socially-distanced fans, chosen by lottery.

6. Rosters will continually be updated, with the billionaires adding stars and subtracting injured or under-performing players. Those players will be scapegoated in daily briefings by the President.

7. The winning region will receive meat, electric power and medical supplies. The losing region can wait to be saved by Jennifer Lawrence.

6 comments:

TheWinWarblist said...

Addressing the real needs of the nation. If only you were in charge.

JM said...

We shall overcome. Everything except insane beer prices at the Stadium.

HoraceClarke66 said...

My only problem with this, Duque, is that I think the winning region should get Jennifer Lawrence.

TheWinWarblist said...

No, No, the winning region should get the quite astonishing 17 year-old Pauline Hickey from 1985 ! ! !.

Anonymous said...

I'm not so sure it should be done on regional/political lines.

I'm not ready to watch a ball game where Blue beats Red 6-2 only to read in the Post that it was a FAKE SCORE.

Doug K.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...



I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.