Saturday, April 4, 2020

The New Mexico Yankees? "Honestly, I think we could possibly need to find a neutral site for a little while because New York has been such a hotbed for this And guys are open to that. I know there are sites they’ve already discussed. I’m not sure if I should even say that publicly, but I know that there’s four sites or four or five sites that are going to have to be added."

Yankee union bulldog Zack Britton says informal chit-chats are taking place of what once seemed unthinkable: A baseball season played in locked-down parks, located somewhere south of East Shunk, in front of squirrels and plastic bags. Reports Newsday, of a SiriusXM interview:

“All [of us are] on the same page to play as many games as we possibly can,” Britton said of talks between the players and owners. “And if we have to do that in empty stadiums for the safety of the public, then I think that’s the right move."

Immediately, you think of Arizona and Florida. But both regions are lagging behind in the coronavirus death derby, which means that even when NYC hits its boiling point and starts to recede, they might be yet to crest. By June 1, will any parts of the country be safe enough to house full slates of teams? Will the season happen in Alaska? Are there ball fields in Iceland? 

The lack of sports to temporarily divert our attention has been one of the cruelest aspects of this pandemic. I can't handle any more daily news conferences, when we're constantly told how great everything is being done.

The lords of the game need to start thinking outside the bun, or this season could go out the window. At least people are talking. 

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Richmond Va, which by July, is already experiencing high 90°‘s weather temps, would love to host some home Yankees games again!

I keep hearing warm weather will help kill off the virus, but it’s likely rubbish rumors.

Alphonso said...

It's also hard to watch the broadcasts of:

- things we could have done, but didn't.

- things we should do now , but won't.

- things we don't have and, it seems, we never will

Antartica is the only continent upon which there is no corona virus 19. We can have an owners meeting and they can get taxpayer money to build 32 stadiums. They could be ready by September, easy.


George's pride said...

We need to be mindful of "culture appropriation".

TheWinWarblist said...

New Mexico already has 534 confirmed cases. My county which has more horses and a cows than people has over 1000. And that's today. By next week New Mexico could have thousands of cases. Antarctica is safe just for as long as no new human sets foot on it.



Fuck those idiots. Fuck right the fuck off and keep fucking off until I tell you to stop fucking off, fuckers.

TheWinWarblist said...

Oh, Unknown, up there at the top? You're a fucking moron. You can fuck off too.

TheWinWarblist said...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/army-warned-in-early-february-that-coronavirus-could-kill-150000-americans?ref=home

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/4/3/1933977/-The-Army-warned-Trump-two-months-that-COVID-19-was-a-black-swan-on-the-way-to-wreck-America

HoraceClarke66 said...

Wait, Warbler, what did Unknown say that was wrong?

13bit said...

A friend of mine died today of COVID-19

Anonymous said...

13,

Very sorry to hear that. This whole thing is a nightmare.

Doug K.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Yes, very sorry, Bitty. This fucking thing.

How are you doing, Doug?

George's pride said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hoss,

4th day in a row with no symptoms. The previous pattern was three with and one without. Last week it switched to three without and one with. Today is day four so when I woke up it could have gone either way.

Happy to say it's without. So I'm thinking that by Thursday I can start to get out there (In mask and gloves) and see if I can give some blood or something for research.

BTW really enjoying the virtual season. I know I haven't been writing any out of town scoreboards lately. My sense of humor continues to take a hit as I watch my kids go through a similar pattern to what I described with what I'm hoping ends up being the same result.

Stay safe and well. (and the rest of you reading this as well)

Doug K.

Stang said...

Very sorry for your loss, 13.

Go get 'em, Doug.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...



I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.