Saturday, February 27, 2021

How to give a player hope, and the fear over Judge's new teeth

O, those Yankees... they really know how pump up a guy.


Wow. They "haven't forgotten" him. For Miguel Andujar, this must be like Christmas. The Yankees remember him! A coach even said so. Publicly! They said Miggy's name. Pronounced it: AnDUjar. It was like being mentioned by Sally Field at the Oscars. Something for the scrapbook. Someday, when he's old and phlegmy, he'll be able to prove 2018 actually happened.

Yesterday, Yankee bench coach Carlos Mendoza told the NY Post:

“I haven’t forgotten about Andujar and the coaches for sure haven’t forgotten about Miggy. We know what type of player Miggy could be. We know the season he had.”
 

He's talking about 2018, the year his highness married Meghan Markle. Remember the Winter Olympics? Midterm elections? That year, Miggy hit 27 HRs, channeled Joe Dimaggio for doubles, finished 2nd for Rookie of the Year, and seemed to nail down Yankee 3B for the next decade. 

Now, they haven't forgotten him. Said Mendoza:

“Our job is to stay positive with him.”

Here's what's really screwy. Unless he hits .500 in camp - and maybe even if he does - the Mig Man will probably experience opening day in Scranton. Right now, on the depth chart (death chart?), he's the sixth  outfielder - after Judge, Stanton, Frasier, Hicks and Gardner - and the 4th who hits RH. Worse, the franchise seems to have given up on him playing 3B, a decision that dramatically lowers his value.

Of course, nobody wanted this. There's nobody to blame. Andujar missed 2019 due to surgery, Gio Urshela happened, and - really - did 2020 even qualify as a year? But now, here's a former future Yankee star... and they're assuring us they haven't forgotten. Yeesh.  

Okay, I know what you're thinking: There will be injuries. Fake games start tomorrow, and by Wednesday, Hicks and Stanton could be roommates at the Mayo Clinic. Also, we cannot turn away from the new Yankee existential question: 

Will Aaron Judge be the same with new teeth? 


Remember the old teeth? The gap? Not saying I believe in such things, but what if that was Judge's power source?  

Samson had the hair. Green Lantern, the Oan Power Ring. Remember Dale Murphy of the Braves? He had the mole removed. Was never the same. Remember Jennifer Gray, from the 1987 movie Dirty Dancing?  Had a nose job. Lost her mojo. 

What if Judge's gap teeth were the key to his superpowers? 

Mark these words: The Yankees better not forget Miggy...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...




Jennifer Grey lost her uniqueness when she got her nose "fixed".

Too bad.

She was very good in "Red Oaks". Didn't realize it was her until midway through the second season. Gotta like Richard Kind and Paul Reiser as well.


As to Aaron Judge's dental work...

Positive: More home runs as he will no longer have "gap power".

Negative: When he goes to England no one will notice him at a train station because there is nothing to "mind".

and last...

"Forgetting Miggy" sounds like a good name for an indie.

Doug K.



Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.

Nitish Kumar said...


LOTTO, lottery,jackpot.
Hello all my viewers, I am very happy for sharing this great testimonies,The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how I win the lottery euro million mega jackpot. I am a Woman who believe that one day I will win the lottery. finally my dreams came through when I email believelovespelltemple@gmail.com and tell him I need the lottery numbers. I have spend so much money on ticket just to make sure I win. But I never know that winning was so easy until the day I meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, . so I decide to give it a try.I contacted this great Dr Believe and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out I was among winners. I win 30,000 million Dollar. Dr Believe truly you are the best, all thanks to you forever