Saturday, June 29, 2013
Posted by el duque at 6:40 AM
2. Randy Ruiz, a veteran DH we signed last week from the Mexican dirt leagues, went 5-for-8 yesterday for Scranton!
3. Jeet is now taking batting practice and is said to be virtually tied with A-Rod in the race to see who can come back to New York first!
4. Yesterday, in the Gulf Coast League, Yankees 1 beat Yankees 2 by a score of - who cares?, did anybody bother to keep score?
5. Joe Girardi learned a valuable lesson: that putting David Adams at 1B, so Alberto Gonzalez can play third, doesn't work!
6. Despite a grueling team schedule, Mariano is rested!
7. It's tick season, and there is still no cure for Lyme disease!
8. Next winter, the Yankees can slash payroll to $187 million, and nobody will even care!
9. There is no God! We are mere mathematical abstractions in a vast computer-generated firmament!
10. Vernon Wells got a hit last night!
11. Our basement flooded last week, and we're walking around in a maze of junk piles inside our house, which is great for making play forts!
13. We've got another whole half-season to play!