Tuesday, March 6, 2018

...And a Very Drury Monday

About the only good news was a headline I saw online that read, "No Return in Sight for Yankees' Jacoby Ellsbury." The o-bleak still got him.

Of course, it could be worse, as Duque alludes. I read something the other day asserting that the Twins and Mets "won" the off-season because they signed, respectively, Pineda and Adrian Gonzalez.

Yah.

Adding to the general druriness, soccer has bounced back with a vengeance, taking two more articles today, one on how Sebastian Coe tricked Parliament (I know, I know—he was a track star. Now he's all about the soccer.) and the rise and fall of the Matra Racing de Paris club, which sounds like a Marx Brothers punchline.

Of course, there was no room for anything at all on the Yankees, as the Times also had to run this important wire service story:  "Ray Trade Infielder."

On the year, it's Soccer 33, Yankees 19, and the game that came from kicking your enemies' skulls around the town surged back into the lead for March, 6-4.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just an off topic note:

Wanted to let you all know I haven't abandoned the site. Just haven't felt like writing. My Dad had a stroke about 10 days ago and I'm in NY helping him and my Mom out. 92. Saw DiMaggio play. I've been talking to him every day since my move to CA in 1981 and it always includes the Yankees. He's starting to recover but it's a long haul.

Anyway, I'm sure things will get funnier. On the second day when he was pretty near being a quadriplegic actually got him to laugh with a joke the punch line of which was, Starlin Castro" He made a slight exhale sound and his mouth moved to a half smile. It was the best laugh I ever got in my life.

I'll be around. Oh and put me down for High, Far, Gone. That's a good name. Sorry I didn't have any of my own.

Doug K.

el duque said...

Man, I'm sorry to hear it.

At last... Starlin Castro comes through.

KD said...

Hang in there brother Doug.

Local Bargain Jerk said...


I'm sorry to hear your news, Doug K. Caring for an elderly parent is difficult, even in the best of times.

If you made him laugh and lightened his load even for a moment, you did good.

HoraceClarke66 said...

So sorry to hear that, Doug K!

I know the drill. My mother, father and my favorite uncle all slipped into dementia before they went. It was heartbreaking to see, though I treasured the time I got with them, even then.

God bless, Doug K. I hope your dad rallies and flourishes, and that you can have many more talks about the great DiMaggio, and the perfectly serviceable Starlin.

Anonymous said...

Thank you all.

Doug K.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.