Saturday, August 4, 2018

Pray For Rain



The sky is falling on the 2018 Yankee team.

It is like being a recent graduate in Basra, Iraq.

There is no work.  The temperature is 110 degrees.  The electricity is on, erratically, maybe two hours a day.  Most of the power comes from Iran, but they are cutting back due to to the drought.

You live in a region accounting for 70% of the nation's oil wealth, and yet you don't have money for food.

Inside the oil field compound, 96% of the workers are foreign.  There are Mercedes and BMWs parked outside the executive offices.

You protest because the government promises jobs that don't materialize.

You can only get someone to read your application for work if you pay a bribe of $5,000.  But you can't come close to that.  So you protest against corruption.

Fights break out over a generator.

Protesters attack government buildings and set them aflame.  The roads in and out of the oil fields are blocked, to draw the government's attention to the plight of the protesters.

Eventually, because they are losing control and don't know what to do, the local security guys start shooting.  People die.  Iraqi's are killing Iraqi's.

The protests widen and spread to other cities.  The government in Baghdad gets edgy.

Everything seems to be falling apart.

And everyone thought the war was over.

What say you, Aaron?




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW....

THESE LAST 3 GAMES HAVE REALLY FUCKED US ALL UP.

THIS POST TOOK ME INTO THE MALESTROM OF IRAQ.

I WILL PRAY FOR RAIN.

Anonymous said...

Two More Games - Five Losses in a Row - Who is "The Laugh of the Nation" ? The wildcard game ?
-
Quelle Disgrace - Disgrace for Years to Come - Ouch Ouch Ouch

Joe Formerlyof Brooklyn said...


As bad as these RSox losses have been, remember this:

- 2 Ls yo Bawlmore B4 the all-star break

- 5 losses to O's, Mets, KC + TB since

Take those away from the L column + tell me what you see.....

My point: A good team would hsve won all of these. Not sa "great" team, just a good one. These others suck. Without the 6 Ws Bawlmore has over NYYs, they would be 27-83!!!

I can't speak for the rest of you -- but as for me, clearly I was blinded by my own history with this team, my hopes, and a great start to the season,

In plain English: I was wrong!



ranger_lp said...

Only hope is that it's not how you play in August it's how you play in September and October...

HoraceClarke66 said...

I was blinded more than anyone, Joe FOB, looking at age (young), past performance, and depth.

Some of what has happened has been bad luck, other parts bad play...but most galling, baffling, and least acceptable of all—lack of effort and desire.

That is unforgivable.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.