Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

How He Got The Nickname ( Or handle)



I did a little research with some old friends in Cleveland, trying to better discover the roots of CC's problem with alcohol.

And while I learned nothing of use to the psychologists, I did learn how Sabathia got his nickname.

The Scene :  Bars in Cleveland ( early afternoon, late at night, occasionally 8:00am )

Patron : " I'll have CC on the rocks."

Bartender :  "You got it buddy;  Canadian Club on the rocks."

Patron:  "Double CC and soda"

Patron:  "CC manhattan, up."

Patron:  "CC neat with a draft."

Patron:  "CC and coke.  Lot's of ice.  I've got a hangover."

Patron : " Double CC on the rocks."

Bartender: "Hey, CC, can I have your autograph?"

And so it began…...

1 comment:

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.