Monday, October 19, 2015
Posted by Alphonso at 1:08 PM
Forget the fact that the Mets own New York now, and will until that pitching staff each requires a $200 million, 10 year contract.
Heck, we'll have lots of stories to command the news next spring;
1. CC will be newly re-habbed and rarin' to go. He'll weigh 190 and have the arm strength of most 12 year olds.
2. Ivan will say his arm feels great. But there will be no bite on his breaking ball.
3. Ethan's arm will still ache. Only the Mets pitchers can throw 100 on every pitch and improve as the season progresses.
4. Tanaka will lose another tendon or two and tweak something during the off season.
5. Tex will be back, another year older, and we won't have room for Bird.
6. Refsnyder will make an error in spring training and be sent back to Trenton.
I am not going to continue.
The core problem is; the Yankees suck. Cashman sucks. And Joe is awful. We have no talent and don't know how to use what we do have.
The injuries pile up like we were the NFL Giants.
So ownership will start making huge mistakes again, mortgaging our future forever, trying to look as though the Yankees can compete with the Mets.