Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Monday, October 19, 2015

Yankees Going All Out For 2016

Hal, " I'm not cheap," Steinbrenner takes on his brother Hank," I'm not interested," Steinbrenner, and all other comers, to assure Yankee fans that management ( ownership ) will leave no stone unturned in pursuing a 70-75 win season next year.

Forget the fact that the Mets own New York now, and will until that pitching staff each requires a $200 million, 10 year contract.

Heck, we'll have lots of stories to command the news next spring;

1. CC will be newly re-habbed and rarin' to go.  He'll weigh 190 and have the arm strength of most 12 year olds.

2.  Ivan will say his arm feels great.  But there will be no bite on his breaking ball.

3.  Ethan's arm will still ache.  Only the Mets pitchers can throw 100 on every pitch and improve as the season progresses.

4.  Tanaka will  lose another tendon or two and tweak something during the off season.

5.  Tex will be back, another year older, and we won't have room for Bird.

6.  Refsnyder will make an error in spring training and be sent back to Trenton.

I am not going to continue.

The core problem is;  the Yankees suck.  Cashman sucks.  And Joe is awful.  We have no talent and don't know how to use what we do have.

The injuries pile up like we were the NFL Giants.

So ownership will start making huge mistakes again, mortgaging our future forever, trying to look as though the Yankees can compete with the Mets.

5 comments:

ceeja said...

The Mets with their young pitchers are certainly built for the postseason better than the Yankees. But there is also an awful lot of luck here too. Murphy is a good player, along the lines of Chase Headley. But he is hitting like Reggie, running the bases like Jeter, and fielding like Randolph. Give me a break. I kept waiting for one the Yankees to catch fire at the end of the season, but they are just one cold dark heap.

If the A's had been a little lucky last year, we would be talking about what a genius Billy Beane is and what a moron Ned Yost is. It's all about luck and good pitching once you get to the small sample size of the post season.

Alphonso said...

It has always been a truism; " I'd rather be lucky than good."

Leinstery said...

Yankees suck, Cashman Sucks, Joe is awful. 100% correct. Let me elaborate on #2 for you. Not only will it have no bite, it will have no command. The fastball will continue to lack velocity and Joe will trot him out there every 5th day for a loss. Ivan Nova is a shittier version of bad AJ Burnett. I believe Joe likes to talk about consistency from the team, and who is more consistently terrible than Nova? Well Gardner and Ellsbury but we all know they'll be out there too.

Anonymous said...

THINGS ARE BREAKING JUST RIGHT FOR THE METS RIGHT NOW, AND I KNOW ABOUT THE PITCHING, THE PITCHING, THE PITCHING, BUT!!!.....FROM WHAT WE ALL UNDERSTAND, NEXT SEASON, THEY WILL NOT SIGN DANIEL MURPHY, NOR WILL THEY SIGN YOENIS CESPEDES. THAT IS THEIR #3 AND #4 HITTERS. AS YANKEE FANS LATELY, WE KNOW YOU CAN'T WIN WITH JUST PITCHING ALONE (OUR PITCHING AS A WHOLE, REALLY ISN'T THE PROBLEM)...TAKE AWAY THOSE 2 GUYS FROM THE METS , AND I REALLY DON'T SEE MUCH AT ALL FROM THEIR LINEUP. THEY ARE MAKING A BIG MISTAKE LETTING THEM BOTH GO...THEY BETTER WIN NOW WHILE THEY HAVE THE SHOT...LIKE I KEEP SAYING, I WOULD LOVE TO GIVE REFSNYDER THE 2ND BASE JOB FROM SPRING TRAINING (DAY 1) IN 2016...BUT ALPHONSO IS DEAD ON!...HE WILL MAKE AN ERROR OR 2 IN THE SPRING, AND IT'S BYE, BYE REF!...AND IF THAT IS THE CASE, THEN I WANT DANIEL MURPHY IN YANKEE STADIUM SPRAYING HITS TO ALL FIELDS, AND GETTING CLUTCH HITS AS HE DOES. AS I SEE IT, HE JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER YEAR AFTER YEAR...DON'T LISTEN TO FRANCESA. MURPHY HAS BEEN GETTING MONSTER CLUTCH HITS ALL SEASON FOR THE METS (NOT JUST IN THE PLAYOFFS). THE THING WITH MURPHY IS, HIS NUMBERS AREN'T OVERWHELMING, BUT MOST OF HIS HITS AND RBI'S COUNT!...AND I BELIEVE HIS NUMBERS WILL TREND UPWARD PLAYING AT THE STADIUM 80 GAMES A SEASON. THIS IS THE KIND OF "VISION" I AM TALKING ABOUT WITH CASHMAN, HAL, AND JOE G....IF WE SERIOUSLY ARE GOING TO GIVE REFSNYDER A CHANCE, THEN THAT MEANS WE ARE ALREADY CONCEDING DEFENSE, SO IF THAT IS TRULY THE CASE, THEN THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM WITH A DANIEL MURPHY SIGNING FOR US.(EXCEPT FOR IF "I'M NOT CHEAP, IS CHEAP)"..AND GUESS WHAT?..YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PLATOONING HIM WITH A RIGHTY...HE HITS EVERYBODY!..LEFTIES, RIGHTIES, EVERYBODY!..ONE LESS THING TO WORRY ABOUT, RIGHT?...ONE THING REMAINS AS OF TODAY GOING INTO NEXT SEASON...WE CAN'T FUCKING HIT!!!!! "VISION" CASHMAN, "VISION"!...HAVE A LITTLE FUCKING "VISION" FOR OUR OFFENSE, BECAUSE THIS SHIT JUST CAN'T GO ON!..WE ARE SO DULL!...AND DULL MEANS PEOPLE NOT COMING TO THE STADIUM!...AND THAT MEANS LESS MONEY IN EVERYONE'S POCKET!

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.