Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Friday, October 2, 2015

Long may she wave! Yanks hoist 2015 Wild Card Home Field Advantage Flag o'er the House that Ruth Built

YO ADRIENNE, WE DID IT!

Well, here we go. One game, one last run, and a hurricane on the way.

One game. Not that we ever doubted this plucky Yankee team. We knew A-Rod would hit. We knew Luis Severino would become the Yankee Pedro. We said Refsnyder needed a chance. And we pleaded with the juju gods to do something about Stephen Drew. (Don't like concussions, though. Hope the guy is OK.)

OK, we goofed on condemning Carlos Beltran, and we didn't think CC Sabathia would ever start for us again. We were wrong on Didi, wrong on Tex, wrong on a lot of fronts. Oh well, we are in.

One game. This will almost surely be A-Rod's last run in the klieg lights. One game. With a hurricane on the way. One game.

7 comments:

KD said...

Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!!!

Anonymous said...

REFSYNDER CRUSHED THAT HOME RUN!...EVERY TIME HE COMES TO THE PLATE, I FEEL SOMETHING GOOD COULD HAPPEN...NOT TO MENTION, HE IS MAKING ALL THE PLAYS THAT ARE NEEDED TO BE MADE!.....PLUS HE IS A SORELY NEEDED RIGHT HANDED HITTER...BUT I BET HOWIE KENDRICK AND WHATEVER HIS SALARY MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR SALARY IS, WILL BE OUR 2ND BASEMAN NEXT YEAR....HEY CASH!...(WHISPER)..REFSNYDER WILL BE A LOT CHEAPER, AND A LOT YOUNGER THAN KENDRICK OR WHATEVER OTHER "VETERAN" WE DECIDE TO WEIGH US DOWN FOR ANOTHER SEASON, OR 2 OR 3!.....DON'T DO IT CASH!..JUST KEEP PLAYING "THE REF"!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YOU KNOW...AFTER THE DISASTER OF 2 NIGHTS AGO (THE EXTRA INNING LOSS TO BOSTON), I SAID TO MYSELF, "BULLSHIT IF THEY'RE GOING TO CELEBRATE GETTING INTO THIS THING."...BUT I MUST ADMIT, I THINK IT WAS A SMART THING TO DO TO CELEBRATE...THIS TEAM NEEDS TO HAVE A POSITIVE SPIN ON THINGS...IT JUST MAY HELP US GOING FORWARD, AND YOU WANT THE YOUNG KIDS TO "GET A TASTE" OF WHAT "WINNING" AND CLUBHOUSE CELEBRATIONS ARE ALL ABOUT SO THEY CAN BE HUNGRY FOR MORE OF THEM IN THE FUTURE...I STAND CORRECTED.....

KD said...

after two years in exile, YES, it was time to celebrate!

Parson Tom said...

ESPN ran a clip of John Ryan Murphy getting interviewed by the buxom blond in the locker-room celebration. His comment (paraphrased): "Right now, we're focused on drinking."

Kid just went up several notches in my book.

Parson Tom said...

Sorry. I got it wrong:

"Everybody is on the same page, and that page is drinking!" - JOHN RYAN FUCKING MURPHY

and this:
http://i.imgur.com/bw7CUUP.gifv

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.