Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Monday, October 19, 2015

Letter to the Editor: Goodbye Donnie Baseball

Los Angeles Times
October 17, 2015 Saturday 
Dear Editor,
I fully understand that a manager does not pitch, hit, run, throw or, in the case of the Dodgers, cover third base. But the main reason Don Mattingly has to be let go is his constant lineup changes, lack of team continuity and absolutely mind-boggling in-game maneuvers. Mattingly changed his lineup each and every game. If a player doesn't know if he's playing, where he's playing or where he's batting, there is no way for a team to jell.
Only Mattingly knows why he continued to bat a struggling Corey Seager second, third or fifth. Only Mattingly knows why he continued to play Yasmani Grandal even though he had one hit in his last 32 at-bats and four in his last 61. Only Mattingly knows why he would pinch-hit Carl Crawford, who at the time was one for 11, or Chase Utley, who couldn't hit his weight. Only Mattingly knows why he put Pedro Baez in with the bases loaded even though he knew his stats against the first batter he faced. Mattingly proved he could not handle a team filled with overblown egos, demanding veterans and coming-of-age rookies. Dodgers fans deserve better.
Geno Apicella
Placentia

1 comment:

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.