Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Friday, October 30, 2015

Ju-Ju Rules Apply


I have read Ju-Ju rules, many times.

 The book provides techniques we can ( and should ) all use ( techniques whose efficacy has been proven over the years ) to give the Yankees a leg up at critical moments.  Certainly, each game of this World Series represents a critical moment.

As a consequence, I am sticking with the above photo as long as the Yankees continue to thrive.  If we lose tonight, at Shea, I'll return to the archives.  But a key Ju-Ju rule is: " always stay with what worked for you most recently."   The Yankees played their best ball of the year in their 7-1 win, so I am sticking to the routine.  

Last night, on WFAN, in NYC, Suzyn and John did a call in show to summarize what the first two games have revealed.  Oddly enough, at about 1:15 am, a call came in from El Duque ( he tried to disguise his voice );

El Duque :  "What are the keys to the Yankees' success in the first two games?"

John: " Why don't you take this one Suzyn?"

Suzyn; " But you are the voice of the Yankees, John."

John:  " True.  But I sense this is a set-up question, and I don't want to be stung."

El Duque  :  " Perhaps I should re-phrase the question.  How is it that Didi is playing more like Alcides Escobar than himself?"

John:  " Why don't you take this one, Suzyn?"

Sidebar:  Audience hears phone slammed on the other end.

It was, if nothing else, entertaining.

Suzyn did offer, at one point, an argument that Adam Warren should start tonight, but I'm pretty sure it will be Severino.




3 comments:

Local Bargain Jerk said...


I'm not sure about the rest, but thank you for running that picture again.

She gives me a banana in my pocket.

Anonymous said...

HEY!...THIS JUJU STUFF REALLY WORKS!!!! WITH THE METS WINNING AS THE TOP OF THE 8TH BEGAN, I WAS WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING TO STOP THE MET MOMENTUM....I RAN TO MY COMPUTER AND CLICKED ON THE "8 JUJU RULES"....IT WORKED!!!!!!!! 3 RUNS IN THE 8TH! HITS! ERRORS! EVERYTHING!....UNBELIEVABLE! GOODBYE METSIES!!!!

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.