Friday, August 28, 2009

Cano Fails Again With Bases Loaded

In a rain drenched game, where runs will be at a premium, the Yankee's famed, "potential batting title winner" once again hit a bleeder back to the pitcher with two outs and the bases loaded.


He just can't hit with men in scoring position.  Now the game is at risk, as we only have a 2 run lead.

The good news is I am now making money on this guy.

When Swisher walked to load the bases, I figured Cano would be next up, even though I just turned on the TV and didn't know the line-up.

 I turned to the guy next to me in the bar and said, I'll give you 6-1 odds, on a fifty dollar bet, that Cano makes the third out and no run scores.   He made me give him 10-1 odds, but he did take the bet.

I'm now eating a plate of blue points on the house and drinking free.

Brett Gardiner would do better batting with a broken wrist, than Cano can do with men in scoring position.

It is predictable and pathetic.

Don't let him ever hit in this circumstance once we make the playoffs. 

I take that back.   Let him hit.  I'll just win more money.

No comments: