Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Friday, May 11, 2018

We Lost The Fight......



I just want to say that Neal Walker is now, by far, the better offensive threat at first base.

I never thought I would complement Neal Walker on anything, other than being a nice guy and taking the imminent tickets out of town with grace.

But he is a thorn, recently,  Getting key hits and Walks.

Tyler Austin, the hero of our " awakening " brawl with Boston, has not had a hit since that fight ( 0-20 I believe).  Meanwhile, their dork pitcher has helped Boston, at least once.

The league has learned that Austin is dangerous with a fast ball over the center of the plate, but can't hit his shoe with vomit if any other pitch is thrown.

He is a larger version of Tyler Wade.

Neither can hit major league pitching and, while we appreciate their contributions ( far more from Austin, due to his HRs ), it is with little sense of loss that we shall welcome their replacements.

I find it hard to swallow, but when Bird returns, Walker should be his back-up, not Austin.

Wade is already gone to dust.




12 comments:

HoraceClarke66 said...

Respectfully disagree, Alphonso.

Even after his "hot" streak of the last ten days or so, Neil Walker has still gone 110 plate appearances with no home runs, and just 8 ribbies. He is slashing at .198/.291/.250/.541.

Tyler Austin, even after going stolen cold of late, has 5 homers and 16 ribbies—in 25 fewer plate appearances—and is at .234/.306/.516/.812.

Austin gets on base more, hits for more power and a higher average, plays a better first base, is six years younger, and costs about $3.5 million less.

Yeah, other than that, Neil Walker is clearly the better pick.

TheWinWarblist said...

If only I been there for Austin. I wish I could have. But the hospital administration will not allow be too gamble and cavort with scrub pants upon my head. Benighted syphylitic Phillies fans, every last one.

Anonymous said...

HC66 speaks for me on this topic. Well said.

13bit said...

Everybody walks the plank eventually.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to make of Tyler. It feels like he's been around for a long time. Didn't he and Judge homer in their first game together. Judge became... well Judge and Austin keeps getting derailed.

If I had to choose for the team for this season and there wasn't room for both I would have to say Walker. He's more versatile. So when Bird comes back for another short flight at least he provides value at other positions. Maybe if Drury comes back and we can still keep AnDUjar up it becomes less of a thing but Walker is actually an infielder. Austin is... I'm not sure. And we have an outfield glut (kind of.) So Austin isn't as good a fit.

The age and salary difference doesn't matter to me because this time next year they are both gone. That said, I like Austin. So whatever works (as long as it works)

Doug K.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

I believe Austin still has options.

That means he's going to Scranton when Bird's claw is healed.

ranger_lp said...

Everybody is correct...Austin has options and has a future in Scranton until Bird gets hurt again...and that could happen in a NY Moment.

TheWinWarblist said...

I miss Nick Johnson .

Anonymous said...

So does the staff at Montfiore.

Doug K.

Anonymous said...

This is how the Yankees destroy prospects. Give them only limited, erratic playing time. When they stumble because of this, declare them inadequate, destroy their confidence, and discard them in favor of aging pieces of crap like Walker. Nice job, Cashman and Yankee fans idiots!

HoraceClarke66 said...

Yeah, they have to commit. And they can't commit to the guy who can't hit a home run, even into the Yankees' short porch.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.