Tuesday, December 12, 2017

WTF ???



This is a recent "selfie" of the Yankee outfield situation, including some top, young talent at AAA.

So now we add a 28 year old outfielder who has done nothing?

I understand the salary dump.  I understand sending Chase back home ( although he was a pretty dang good back-up at FB ).  I understand sending Mitchell out, because he just couldn't quite get it done here.  He may be great in a league with at least one automatic out in every line-up.

But we took a guy who is not really anything ( not even young ), and who still be our 16th outfielder on the depth chart.  I mean, why not just do the dump and take no one?  Do you really think the Tigers are losing to give us some great relief pitchers so they can finally get this old bantam hen?

This makes no sense.

I do agree with Duque's observation ( i.e..  prayer and hope ) that he won't be here long.  But I suspect he won't be on another major league team, either.

We are now getting to the part of the winter meeting "wheelings and dealings" where a lot of moves won't make sense, unless they are followed by a lot of other moves.

This is an egg we don't need.

8 comments:

ranger_lp said...

They needed to get rid of Blash who was going nowhere in SD. We will too.

We wont hear "That was a Blash Blast!"

Say that three times fast...

Anonymous said...

OH HAPPY DAY!!

NO MORE HEADLEY!!!

ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION!!!

OH HAPPY DAY!!!

KD said...

I think that MLB rules demand that we receive a warm body for Headley.

Local Bargain Jerk said...


KD:

Exactly. There is some other reason why we took him in the deal. If Calamari plays a single day in YS or even rides the major league pines for one single game, I'll be astonished. I don't even think they'll waste a spot on the 40-man roster for him for longer than it takes a tea kettle to come to a full boil.

If they do, well, holy smokes.


Anonymous said...

I'm late to the party on this one, but Blash sounds like someone who'll be lucky to even get assigned to their AAA team come Spring. Pity they couldn't get any of the Pads minor league rookies (a crap pair of pitchers) to make it look like they were at least trying on this one. Then again all that salary going away is a pure plus although they'll probably end up reinvesting it all back on Frazier to a maddening 3 to 4 year deal of his own.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Isn't Jabari Blash in the new Star Wars movie?

Anonymous said...

OH HAPPY DAY!

(8 HOURS AFTER MY FIRST POST).

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.