Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Thursday, July 27, 2017

In the spirit of.......

....diverting ourselves from the onerous, demoralizing, fear-inducing and debilitating proselytizing about possible trades in the Yankee universe, I offer today, a toady insight.

The English women's cricket team ( I'm not sure they call it a team, it could be a " side" or
a " gaggle"), has just won the World's Cup for the first time.  They defeated the regular champs, Pakistan, or India, I can't remember which.

Some say those two countries don't get along very well.  Maybe we can discuss that tomorrow.

In any case, the English girls knocked down somebody's wicket.

And that is a big deal.

If you would like to hear more, I can do the research.

Meanwhile, " eat, drink, and be merry ( or Mary )" for tomorrow there could be news that will fucking kill us.

P.S. Why do they dress like hockey goalies to play that game?

13 comments:

JM said...

John Cleese is a big fan of English women's cricket. That has no bearing on anything, but it's a little factoid to digest while we wait to see how much of the farm we give away for a mediocre starter.

JM said...

By the by...in all the talk about Sonny Grayscale, it might be important to note that Texas wants to move Yu Darvish.

Darvish the loser in yesterday's 22-10 loss to Miami.

el duque said...

More on cricket please.

Urban Farmer formerly known as DutchFan said...

Give field hockey aa try.
https://www.google.nl/amp/coed.com/2012/07/30/the-hottest-women-of-the-netherlands-olympic-field-hockey-team-photos/amp/

Leinstery said...

I'd rather watch the WNBA than think about the Yankees trading for Darvish, Stanton, Gray, or now Wilson. Why on Earth would they trade for yet another reliever?

ranger_lp said...

You would probably like women's curling...especially when they are sweeping...

KD said...

Here's what you need: Finnish baseball!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFJMZnEmxrk

Alphonso said...

I can feature a new, supremely unusual sport each day until the trade deadline has passed.

Simonf said...

Why do they...

Because it's a fair tactic to try and hit the batter.

Anonymous said...

Hi, guys!

I LOVE women's curling - - especially the last Canadian Olympic Team - - wowzer!!
Thanks for reminding me, Ranger LP - - I also love LPs - - I've dealt them for almost 50 years...

Thanks for the diversions - - I'm on my way outta' here, won't be in touch with the 'Net for much of the next week - - so the trade trauma - - alternatively, TRADE TRAUMA - - sorry, All-Caps - - so sue me & Reince Priebus.

Will hope things won't get toooo bad, while I'm absent.

Happy diversions!!

LB (No J)

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Urban farmer gets the award for link of the day. I'm still a little on the fence as to believing whether they are actually Olympic athletes. Doesn't seem possible.

JM said...

I like curling. And bowling, although not as much.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.