Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Pineapple Train's a Holy Roller


by Cat Stevens Bargain Jerk





Now I'd been happy lately,
Thinking about the good things to come.
I thought Fowler sure could be...
Something good had begun

Oh, I'd been smiling lately,
Dreaming about holding runners on base.
Managing to find the strike zone,
Everyone would be our ace.







But out on the edge of darkness
There rides Pineapple Train!
Oh, Pineapple Train take our team
Send our team right down de drain

Now I'm not smiling lately, 
Watchin' our bullpen flush a lead.
Searchin' high and low for the strike zone
As the train picks up some speed...




Pineapple Train sounding louder
Glide on Pineapple Train

(oooh - eye - eee - ayyy - oooh - eye)

Stolen bases hurt my brain

Pineapple train's a holy roller
Everyone jump up on Pineapple Train

(oooh - eye - eee - ayyy - oooh - eye)

Come on Pineapple Train


Gardner hits a single,
Then make baserunning error, too!
Oh it's gettin' nearer, 
It soon will be with you.
Now come and join the anguished
Carter's playing first again
Not Bird, not Austin ... yes Carter!
I may have to trash my den.





Now I've been crying lately,

Thinking about our team as it is,
Why must we go on losing?
Why can't we live in bliss?

Cause out on the edge of darkness
there rides Pineapple Train!
From Netherlands to Marina del Rey,
All countries know our pain.


Oh Pineapple Train sounding louder
Glide on Pineapple Train
Come on, come on, come on...

It soon will be with you

5 comments:

Unknown said...

'Dellin Betances is not a closer': Yankees president Randy Levine rips pitcher after arbitration hearing.

And they laughed...

Alphonso said...

That is the only correct, declarative sentence Randy Levine has ever spoken.

Anonymous said...

...perhaps to the tune of "Rawhide"? (at least partially)

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day; if Randy Levine is right once a decade, how must his brain compare to a stopped clock??

Pineapple train's already here, LBJ

Ow!! Excuse me, while I bleed. LB (No J)

Urban Farmer formerly known as DutchFan said...

Now I know why I never really liked Cat Stevens. Now that the sublimal message is uncovered it all comes together. The barfing as young man. My dislike of tea. My poor relationship with my father. My lack of religion.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.