Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Monday, July 10, 2017

Mr. Cashman, please tell the White Sox to go to hell.

According to Jon Heyman, the wily Whitesocks - yes, the team of Jerry McNertney, Wayne Causey and the "Hawk"- are putting Jose Quintana on the block! And get this: From the Yankees, all they're asking for is Glyber Torres and Clint Frazier.

Can you believe it? That's all. Just Torres and Frazier!

Wow. What pals they are. How can we possibly say no... 

Insert sigh here.

You know what I would do if a Whitesock brasshole made such an offer? I would say, "Hold on, I've got another call," and then leave him there. Meanwhile, I'd put blocks on his phone number and email, and de-friend him, or unfriend him - whatever - on Facebook and Twitter and Instagram - whatever - and as long as I lived, I'd never talk to the guy - or for, that matter, anyone from Chicago except Jeff Tweedy, the lead singer from Wilco, a pretty good band.

You know what I would give for Jose Quintana? 

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Fuck them, and fuck Jose Quintana.

I might take Jose Quintana off their hands, but they would get nothing and pay half his salary. Then I would think about it. 

8 comments:

Stang said...

They already took Fowler from us. They owe us Quintana.

ranger_lp said...

Trump would say that's a starting point for a deal...lol

Urban Farmer formerly known as DutchFan said...

Well, maybe Headley could be an option. Or Elsberry

Local Bargain Jerk said...


I would build a wall around Quintana and make Mexico pay for it.

Anonymous said...

WE'RE NOT GONNA PAY FOR QUINTANA.....
BUH LEAVE ME, BUH LEAVE ME.

BILLY MCKINNEY AND RASHAD CRAWFORD, MAYBE.....

Alibi Ike said...

No more deep dish for you, pally.

Mark Hesler said...

Customers who liked Wilco also liked The Feelies. Check out album "In Between".

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.