Friday, February 21, 2020

And So It Begins


The Daily News, today, was first to report:

-  that Aaron Judge has been " soft tossing", and

-  soon, he will consider taking some swings.

This horror ....these tales of Judge considering the batting tee....and taking ( god forbid ) a full swing...are the images from which nightmares are made.

And boredom to the point of INSANITY.

Cashman was quick to report:

Boone said that, "Severino felt that tweak the last time he pitched, in October."

So in mid-february....the same tweak remains?

Supposedly, MRI's ( 2) and some other form of Xray- type exam revealed nothing, as to the source of the problem. 

 Doctors say; " the floating thing in his elbow is not the likely cause, either."

So here is my solution;  put the guy on the mound and let him pitch.   Full out on all four pitches.

Just proceed as though there is nothing wrong. 

Maybe there isn't.

And if something is seriously amiss, it will show up in spades.  There is no point resting his arm another four months, only to learn the tweak is still there when he throws his change-up. 

You are paying him $10 million.  Make him do something other than rub aloe on his arm and sleep on a divan.

It doesn't matter if surgery happens now or then. If he needs a new arm, find out now. 

 Here is the red flag warning;  resting him all off season did nothing.  It is a year and a half post surgery to recovery, so why waste another four months?

9 comments:

HoraceClarke66 said...

A-fucking-men, Alphonso. A-fucking-men.

Enough, already, with rests and therapies that do nothing, or produce more injuries. The Yanks must have THE worst training/ conditioning staff in the world. But whether it's their fault or not, enough of the waiting around to heal. Get out, play, if you get hurt, go to the DL.

The very worst was last year in the ALCS. I had never previously heard of an injured star who stayed on the roster in a big postseason series even though he couldn't play.

EDB said...

Dr. Vinny Gumbatz.

Anonymous said...

Meant to ask you yesterday, Fonz: have you ever heard a swan quack?? I ask, because I'm a big duck fan, and I know a quack when I hear one...Donald Duck for President!! or, if you prefer, Howard the Duck; either would be better than the one we are stuck with, at the mo...

I, myself, have been likened more than once to Uncle Scrooge; I'm not worthy, though I try to live up to that comparison.

Personally, I'd rather hear our precious swan cluck, rather than quack...and, yeah, incidentally, it was sheer genius the way the brainstrust (Yay! Haul out the OED!!) handled Sevy.

LB (No J)

Carl J. Weitz said...

Absolutely, Alphonso. let him pitch. No pain, no gain.

Let me explain how pain works. How it arrives and how to fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fSycbeJ1vg

JM said...

Thank you, Dr. Weitz. You have hereby proven yourself better qualified than the Yankees training staff and brainlesstrust.

Please send in your resume ASAP.

Alphonso said...

A Honk by any other name is still a quack.

And when I have hd enough Crown Shots, everything sounds like a quack.

I'm just saying....

Anonymous said...

OK, Fonz, I believe you have just highlighted my problem with differing onomatopoetic noises: I do not consume enough alcohol.

LB (No J)

Anonymous said...

THIS IS SPOT ON THINKING BY ALPHONSO.

EXACTLY.

RESTING HIM THE WHOLE SEASON LAST YEAR DIDN'T SEEM TO HELP.

SO WHY DO IT AGAIN?

FIND OUT NOW WTF IS WRONG, IF ANYTHING AND GET THIS INEVITABLE (IMO), OPERATION DONE ASAP!

COOP IS OUT OF HIS MIND.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...



I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.