Wednesday, February 5, 2020

"Let the River Flow! Let All the Dreamers Greet the Nation!"

ESPN is reporting that the Red Sox are trading Mookie Betts to the Dodgers.

Hee-hee.

In return, they are getting a good-looking young outfielder, Alex Verdugo, who is just 23 and has a .282 batting average in parts of three seasons, playing all three outfield positions.

The Red Sox will also give up David Price, and get in return, in this three-way trade, Verdugo and one Brusdar Graterol, from the Twins.  Graterol, who turns 22 next August, had a terrific year in Double-A last season, as a starter, and then was unimpressive as a reliever in Triple-A.

Hmm.  Very interesting.  And after carefully assessing all of this, my measured, professional opinion is:

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????

Heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee.

Oh, don't get me wrong.  Alex Verdugo may be a terrific player in the long run.  Is he going to be better than an MVP centerfielder who hit .346 and at 26 has already won 4 Gold Gloves and 3 Silver Slugger awards?

I don't think so...!

Brusdar Graterol, that wonderful new sports energy drink...No, no, stop!  That's below me.  I apologize.

Ahem.  Brusdar Graterol, having already invaded and ravaged three different nations with his Viking band—

I'm sorry.  I just can't take this seriously.

Sure, maybe a few years from now we'll be going on and on about how Graterol is the Gatorade for any pitching staff.  But I somehow doubt it.

And while I don't know if David Price will ever again be what he was—and let me say, I can't think of a surlier bastard who deserves his decline more—I doubt if Graterol is ever going to be a Cy Young winner with 150 wins by age 33, including two wins and a 2.12 ERA in the World Series.

Heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh.

Let's face it.  The Red Sox have decided to fold their tent for 2020.  They'll be back, and knowing what sneaky, sly bastards they are, they may be better than ever.

But all the more reason to go for everything in 2020.






5 comments:

JM said...

It all makes the Socks worse, but it doesn't make us better.

Tampa is going to come after us with both barrels. In response, our most fearsome hitters will strike out or ground into the shift.

We need five more DJ LeMahieus.

Der Kaiser said...

When the Red Sox want to reduce payroll to avoid the luxury tax, they simply dump all their big contracts on the Dodgers and get some decent players in return. A year later they're right back in the thick of it.

When the Yankees want to reduce payroll to avoid the luxury tax, they bumble around for a decade, ignoring opportunities to improve the team while still wasting money on nostalgia contracts and veteran reclamation projects. Constantly trying to contend keeps them from drafting the best prospects, and carrying deadweight on the active roster means the farm system is constantly being raided in the Rule Five draft.

If this team is ever going to be an empire again, it's going to have to become much more evil.

ranger_lp said...

Graterol is close to Geritol...

Platoni said...

"Surly bastard" got me chuckling this morning. He's already yelling at clouds while in his 30s. The man has unlimited "GET OFF MY LAWN!!!" potential.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.