Tuesday, March 8, 2022

"Dear Major League Baseball..." another reader sends heartfelt regards to the souls who are killing the national pastime

Another passionate letter to the people who are supposed to keep baseball alive.

These are not form letters. These come from the heart.  Send yours to 

publicrelations@mlb.com 

and copy me at hseely@twcny.rr.com. I'll print them. 

To whom it will concern:

 Clearly you are disinterested in your fan base. Any romantic thoughts about MLB and it’s history is clearly on those of us who grew up caring more than you ever deserved.

 As with all unrequited love, the pain I feel for the loss of you is ultimately inconsequential to you. I learned in a basic economics class as a freshman in college nearly four decades ago that hard decisions are made by the powers that be with little concern for the consequences felt by the victims of those decisions. It is now as it’s always been.

 With this clear understanding of how your regard me and those like me, and with a sober and lucid mind I would like to say to you, go fuck yourselves. I’m done with you.

 I expect this will be lumped in with nearly countless other previous supporters opinions, why wouldn’t it, but I feel better telling you anyway. My love for this game and it’s history is lifelong. My disgust for the 30 or so billionaires who benefit from that is practically infinite. The next 30 who might replace them, if the current group somehow perished in accordance with my most hopeful fantasy, should join them on their trip to hell. 

 Here is to hoping for painful genital cancer for all of you.  May your remaining days be short and unpleasant.

3 comments:

JM said...

Nice sentiments. Fine use of profanity.

I'll give it an "A."

Carl J. Weitz said...

LOLOL

Scottish Yankee fan said...


Quality rant but from the heart from a real fan who loves the game and has more passion and deep concern for baseball in their little finger than the billionaires have in their entire pox ridden elitist bodies

I doff my bunnett to you good sir