Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Quote of the day

From Harvey Araton, piling onto Jimmy Dolan:

"People often wonder why Dolan, in his chairmanship of the Garden, has had measurable success with hockey's Rangers while faring so miserably with the Knicks."

Umm, I'm sorry, are these a different "Rangers" we're talking about?  Maybe the Power Rangers?  Or the family of our own beloved ranger_lp?

The New York Rangers ice hockey club last won the Stanley Cup in 1994—two years before they were absorbed by the Dolan Thing.  Since then, they have been in exactly 1 Stanley Cup final, where they won exactly 1 game.

That is exactly the number of finals and games won in those finals the Knicks have also compiled under the Dolanship.

Better than the Knicks?

I suppose so.  Who hasn't been?  But there's no need to pretend the Rangers have been a success for the last quarter-century in order to bash Dolan Junior.

8 comments:

Parson Tom said...

Top of the 6th, Aaron Hicks hit a hard drive to center and started posing and preening so that when the ball bounced off the wall in center he had no shot at stretching a double into a triple with nobody out. One out later, Didi drilled one almost identically but it had more loft and Conforto got to it. Hicks advanced to third. Hicks used to hustle. What happened?

JM said...

7 years, at $10 million per, wasn't it?

Ottavino sucked and Britton wasn't a help. Wasted a plucky 6 innings by Paxton. Bastards.

TheWinWarblist said...

That was absolutely disgusting.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Let down after getting home from the stupid series.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Well, at least Ma put on a play, National-League style, and Sanchez was well enough to play (just not hit). Also, good innings from the Maple Sapling.

But the latest trouble spot is our great acquisition, Encarnacion, now down to .149 as a Yankee, and unable to hit much even in EuroFenway.

I heard the commentators the other day talking about what an amazing pick-up he was. Meh. I suppose that with Stanton getting hurt it's better we have him than not. But this is a guy well into his twilight years. At least we won't have to see much of that stupid bird thing.

HoraceClarke66 said...

And yes, as usual, it's Mets World Series time: 2 2/3 innings of lights out, one-hit relief, after two weeks of the worst relief pitching I have ever seen.

Anonymous said...

...and not only that, but we had to listen to Paulie & Coney go on & on about how terrible the Metsies' bullpen is - - especially compared to how magnificent our BP is this year. Damn, that was prophetic, not??

I swear every time I look at our line-up and Hicks is batting in the three-hole - - and once again, the Yes-men were talking up how strategic that is, putting Hicks in front of Didi...all I can say is "aargh!" - - and on to the next fiasco. LB (No J)

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.