Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Last Night, I Finally Did Something Right....

This may be my shortest post ever;

Last night, I turned on the TV to see it was a 2-2 game.  I said to myself, " we only score 2, so this game is over."

I changed channels to watch, "Naked and Afraid."  Two assholes attempting to survive in the jungles of Guatemala for 21 days.  No clothes, no food, no water.  Usually, with a machete and a map.

A man & a woman, by the way.  Sort of.  Thank 6th Avenue that clothes were invented.

I concluded that watching people get eaten by bugs and vomiting, is better than watching the Yankees try to survive a 2-2 tie.

No more Yankee idiocy.

10 comments:

JM said...

One of your local TV stations may have brought Buzzr in as a second or third channel on cable. It shows old game shows. Set you DVR to capture overnight Match Game, Family Feud, What's My Line, and other shows. They're great time capsules and can prove a good alternative to reality TV crapola. And Yankees crapola.

Local Bargain Jerk said...


Since we've rolled back the clock to 1966, you could always do what they did then and go out to a bar.

Not much downside to that.

joe de pastry said...

I went to the Bowery Ballroom to hear Julien Baker sing. Unlike Severino, she's a young phenomenon.

Anonymous said...

I LIKE LBJ'S IDEA...

Anonymous said...

Even much better, listened to the Glenn Miller Chesterfield Show from June 25, 1942 on the NBC Blue Network. Always can find something on line better than the Yankees and Joe Girardi.

JM said...

I smoked Chesterfields for a few months way back when. Not a bad cigarette.

Unfortunately, you can't smoke one in the Bowery Ballroom, which is about the only downside of going there. Great place, Joe.

joe de pastry said...

Hey, John M, I'm going to see the Staves [not the Slaves] in June; maybe this time I won't be the oldest guy there, like I usually am.

Alphonso said...

I wish I could spend much of every day in a bar.

If they sold seats in great bars, as they do at the stadium, I would buy one.

I suspect it would cost a lot less than what the Yankees charge.

Anonymous said...

I wrote my email wrong… greentbooks@hotmail.com, if you want the book.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.