Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Pain Will Be Extended And Extended



When A-Rod  walked up to the plate with the bases loaded last night, it was just a certainty that he would strike out.  To me, anyway.

What I did not figure was that he would go down looking.  I have never been able to fathom how superstar major league players, or anyone good enough to get an at bat in the majors, goes down looking on a 3-2 pitch, with two out, in a critical situation.

To me, that is a far worse blunder than DIDI running himself into a double play, destroying a different rally.

In any case, we got our two runs again which is tantamount to losing.  Two solo, meaningless, home runs.  Sound familiar?

As a result, El Duque is expressing a concern that the Yankee apocalypse has arrived.  Wishful thinking.

The Yankees will score in double figures today, causing everyone to expel a sigh of relief and declare that the, " offensive slump is over."

Only it won't be.

The Yankees will continue to show a spark of life, and then more days of dormancy.  They will be like a lamp bulb signaling its last legs.  Flicker, shine, flicker, shine......until it goes dark.

But this miserable team will be, "in it" ( the race for the wild card play -in game, where last year the Yankees scored 0 runs ) until the last day.

And on that day, where we get to the post season ( as if the play-in game is truly, the post season)  with a win, the Yankees will score two runs early, and then go dark themselves.  I don't know the final game score, or who we will be playing, but the Yankee run total will remain, and end, at 2.

Duque is correct that we need a collapse of monumental proportion.  We need revolt and rebellion.  Something so embarrassing, so unforgiving and so potent, that even the Yankee management and ownership wake up and stop this bull crap sham that all we need, is " re-tooling, not re-building."

I don't want to see any more of ; Ellsbury, Gardner, Beltran, Tex, Headley or Mc Cann.  Nor do I wish to wee:  Nova, CC, or Pineda.

It is time to scuttle this ship.

But the process will not relieve us.  It will torture us.

3 comments:

JM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I FEEL IT......THIS WILL BE THE "BIG RUN" EXPLOSION GAME!....ALPHONSO HAS CALLED IT, AND I CAN FEEL IT!.............. LETS GO BACK TO BRIAN CASHMAN'S QUOTE 4 YEARS AGO, AFTER WE HAD REALLY A MISERABLE, AND STRUGGLING, END OF SEASON, AND PLAYOFF HITTING DEBACLE...... STICKING TO THE STATS, CASHMAN WHEN ASKED IF THE YANKEES WILL ADDRESS THE HITTING IN THE OFF SEASON OF THAT YEAR, SAID, "WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE HITTING, WE'VE GOT PLENTY OF HITTING..." ............I WAS OVERWHELMED WITH HORROR, WONDERING IF HE WAS EVEN SERIOUS, AFTER WITNESSING WHAT I THOUGHT, WAS THE WORST BREAKDOWN OF PLAYOFF HITTING (FOR 2 SERIES), IN HISTORY............. AND I ALSO HAVE TO SAY, I AM FUCKING SICK OF GIRARDI'S "WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW" STYLE OF MANAGING..... HE NEEDS A LITTLE BILLY MARTIN IN HIM AS IN, "LET WIN TODAY, AND WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW, TOMORROW!" .....WHEN HE PUTS OUT OUR "B-TEAM" LINEUP, WE ARE FUCKED, AND IF YOU GO BACK TO EVEN THE LAST COUPLE YEARS, I BET OUR RECORD IS ATROCIOUS IN OUR "B-TEAM" GAMES....BUT I GUESS THAT'S A GOOD THING RIGHT?....WE ARE RESTED!!!!!!!

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.