Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Saturday, April 30, 2016

New Yankee hope: Phil Coke

Along with the return of Nick Swisher, Yankee fans can feel bolstered by the knowledge that Phil Coke has shaved his graying beard and is now a lug nut in our starting rotation at Trenton.

Last night, Phil - now age 33 - pitched 5 innings and gave up only 1 run, which was unearned. He is "stretched out," having pitched in an independent league.

In case you're keeping score, last year Phil pitched a total of 12 innings for Toronto and the Cubs, compiling an ERA of 5.68. In his five years with Detroit, after the Yankees dealt him in the Curtis Granderson/Ian Kennedy/Austin Johnson three-way, Phil was a serviceable bullpen lefty, with a an ERA of 4.25.

Welcome home, Phil.

1 comment:

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.