Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Monday, April 18, 2016

The Agony Extends



I have to say this upfront.  Yesterday, on this very record, I revealed a mathematical formula which predicted the Yankees would score four runs in Sunday's big game of Japan superstar pitcher vs. Japan superstar pitcher.

  Mustang didn't bother to notice this  nugget of baseball mastery.  Look it up, dude and post the appropriate "props."  Are you away on holiday?

Once again, I digress.

The thing is;  the worst event possible for Yankee fans, and the team in the long run, was the re-emergence of A-Rod's name as a positive contributor to a Yankee home win.  Now, all is right again with the team.

We can count the numbers of A-Rod RBI's and Home runs for the next two weeks.  We can show where he is on the all time baseball leaders' list, steroid users or not.  We can note how remarkable that it is, at his age, to be winning ballgames with a single stroke of the bat.  We can sigh gratefully that the AL uses the designated old guy.

After all, when did baseball ever require running, catching and throwing?

We can forget about the aging of the Yankees.  Or what will happen if A-Rod continues to have a BA in the low 100's.  Don't worry that we won't sign, or give an opportunity to young talent, because this $25 million per season guy will be around again next year.  And maybe longer , after that, if Hal observes this hot streak.

All is well.  The Yankees won.  TV shots of A-Rod in the dugout showed a totally relaxed superstar, bathing in the glory of pumpkin seeds and thoughts of adoration.

All is well.

No need to worry.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I REMEMBERED THE 4 RUN PREDICTION.......I WONDER IF YOU CAN FIGURE OUT WHEN THE NEXT BIG RUN "EXPLOSION" GAME IS COMING?..... THAT WOULD HELP BECAUSE WE WOULD THEN KNOW WHEN THE "5 GAME MALAISE" WILL COME.

Alphonso said...

I can do that. However, with a day off today, my sequencing is screwed up.

I have to begin, again, with a new " base" of data.

I can begin prognostications as soon as Tuesday and Wednesday's results are in.

I wish I could stop starting sentences with I.

Stang said...

You are right, Fonz. I should have publicly noted your prescient analysis. It's no excuse, but wifi is spotty here in the Tijuana liposuction clinic.

Alphonso said...

Nice to hear from you, pal.

el duque said...

I think it's remarkable that A-Rod can still be a solid contributor to this team, at his age. Sunday's win was big, and hopefully means the Yankee hitters are "back on track." Don't you agree?

And how about that young guy who is tearing it up at Scranton! The name is Swisher.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.