Thursday, October 14, 2021

Tanks For The Memories

(With Apologies to Bob Hope)

Tanks, for the memories.

Another season done.

We’re still not number one.  

Or two or three or four or five.

We also aren’t fun…

 

So thanks, Hal very much.

 

Tanks for the memories

The losing streaks of eight

Our comebacks were too late.

The team’s all stiffs, they always whiff

Hey Gary, block the plate!

 

So thanks Brain, very much.

 

We had a lot of hope when the season started.

Now all of us here,

we are broken hearted.

All we can hope, is Boone’s departed.

 

And take Gleyber too.

And also Luuuuuuuu (k)

 

So tanks, for the memories.

 

Watching Heaney pitch

Just proves that life’s a bitch.

Another year without much cheer

But at least Hal’s still rich

 

He thanks you, oh so very much.

 

(LAST ONE)

 

Thanks for “It is High”

A place to moan and vent.

A home for discontent.

In paragraphs, we shared some laughs

With people who are bent.

 

So thanks, Hart. Ve-ry much.


7 comments:

TheWinWarblist said...

Fuck the Atlanta Braves.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Brought a tear to my eye, Doug. Just beautiful.

el duque said...

Aw shucks... you guys...

Scottish Yankee fan said...



Very clever and funny

Thank you Doug and all the other posters on here for making me feel welcome and given me a lot of baseball knowledge and more importantly a lot of laughs at a time in my life where I really need them

Ken of Brooklyn said...

Absolute PERFECTION, thank you Doug!

And I echo our dear Scottish Fan, THIS SITE has been my only solace for a long looooong time. I honestly don't know what I would do without all of you, not to be overly dramatic, but this team has been such a consistent disappointment over the last decade that I might have drifted away if it wasn't for the irreverent & brilliant camaraderie shared by all of you. I never have had much to add other than being a fan, and similar to our Scottish Bretheren, your baseball knowledge and humor has been invaluable, and sometimes, it makes the toxicity of this current team slightly easier to swallow,,,,

THANK YOU ALL!

Fuck Brain!
FUCK HAL!
And FuuUUUUUUUUUCCK the Sux & Asstros!

JM said...

Ever since I was 12, I always play that song in my head as "Thanks for the Mammaries."

I think that's around the time I started stealing Playboys. Maybe just a coincidence.

Yankee Daddy Roger said...

Thanks as well for the Mammograms

I echo the Scotsman and Ken from Brooklyn. Beyond clever; it captures the nostalgia of when the Yankees were kings.