Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, April 29, 2018

I've got nothing to say but it's okay, good morning...


Over the last eight games, the Yankees have outscored their opponents by a score of 62 to 17.

They have gained 4 and 1/2 games on Boston.

Gleyber Torres (7-0) has yet to lose a Major League game.

They have done it with backup players at 3B and 1B, and with their cleanup batter hitting .236, and the following hitter, just .207.

If the season ended today, Didi Gregorius would win the Triple Crown. He is tied for the lead in homers (10), leads in RBIs (30) and is tied for the batting title (.356.)

This cannot last forever. Nor can it get much better. In fact, the only problem I have is that these last two wins happened on the West Coast, where nobody can see them. If a tree falls on the West Coast, does it make a sound?

Thank you, juju gods. I am pleasantly sated. That said, one more, please?

11 comments:

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Didi sucks. He had an oh-fer last night.

We should bench him and trade for Machado.

My excuse for that insanity is I am sleep deprived.

Dreading the awful ESPN feed tonight. At least I can listen to the master with the TV sound off.

Parson Tom said...

I was following the game on line while working my way home through airports. I was trying to guess how pissed off Mike Scoscia might be. He doesn't seem like a glass-half-full kind of guy, but if asked to find the silver lining to last night's game, he might say, "Well, we finally solved their shortstop."

No, it doesn't get much better than this.

13bit said...

I have always liked Scoscia.

JM said...

I have never like Scoscia.

As my Uncle Joe used to say, to each his own.

However, we're two games out. At this point, I almost like everybody.

Ken of Brooklyn said...

One of the best nights so far, we enjoy a laugher, and the Sux and Mets get blown out,,,, this must be what heaven is like!

Anonymous said...

LIFE IS GOOD.

Anonymous said...

It's weird to me that there are people who actually prefer the crass tastelessness and ineptitude of the Yankee announcers to competent professionals. It's fun to lampoon Sterling, but he's an inept jerk--willfully subjecting oneself to his self-aggrandizing sputtering is like publicly announcing a preference for dog shit over caviar.

ranger_lp said...

I'm glad that the youngins have turned the corner and produced. Was very worried about them earlier in the season.

So does the data imply that Drury start over Andujar when Drury comes back? I hope not.

Ken of Brooklyn said...

Ditto Ranger LP> Here's to keeping Andujar, crossing everything I can cross that he stays in this line up!

HoraceClarke66 said...

Huh, so I guess you CAN start rookies at two positions on a contending ballteam.

Who knew?

I mean, besides everyone on this blog?

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.