Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Just To Keep You Up-dated.....



So that relief pitcher you were counting on....KANHLE.....unpronounceable as it is, went on the 10 day DL.

Apparently, when he hit the gas pedal on the open road, the engine wasn't responding 100%.  It was  supposed to take 5.2 seconds to get from 0-60, and it was taking 6.7 seconds.  The " burst" from the superchargers just weren't getting it done.

So, they have done a full review of the car, and have found no major flaws.  Sometimes, these ultra high performance engines just need a breather.  Clean out the lines, put in fresh lubricants, tighten everything up to scale.  Change the tires, for sure.  Should take about 10 days to see if the " rest" theory has any merit.  Personally, I'd be more concerned than that.

Oh, and our candidate for ailments of the year award goes to one of our highest paid, longest
 term ( non participant ) players; Jacoby Ellsbury.

He had originally been out for an ankle, or was it a muscle pull, or was it that hip thing?  Wait, it was the thumb!  Doesn't matter.

He now has " plantar fasciitis," an old, disabling favorite.

There is no prognosis or timetable for full recovery, at the moment , because, for the moment, who cares?

When does Lloyds of London have to pay Hal for this season of non Jacoby?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fonzie,

I was wrong...

It's not about the weather
Not about bad luck.
I need to face it, Giancarlo Sucks.
No walks make me happy
No just caught line drives
No warning track fly balls
It is all just jive.

Nothin' bout my rootin's gonna be the same
I'm tired of watching this guy blow the game.
I'm sorry that this player ever got to leave Dade
We need some changes made.

Doug K.



HoraceClarke66 said...

Well, I guess Miguel Andujar is looking good, huh?

Oy.

Doug K., Alphonso, I have to finally concede: this Stanton guy is unbearable. I can't recall when I've ever seen a much-heralded Yankee play this badly.

BUT...aside from that, everybody else turned in what is rapidly becoming their regular turkey of a game. Awful clutch hitting. Crucial errors.

And oh yeah...yet another abysmal pitching effort, this time from Tanaka.

This is still a rebuilding team. Our management ought to face it.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Also, M. Swan:

The Gleyber out with back tightness, down in Dunder Mifflin land. So we won't even get to see him anytime soon.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.