Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Monday, April 23, 2018

Comparisons are odious. BUT....

...at this point in the season in 1998, we were 15-5, but still half-a-game behind a Red Sox team that had jumped off to a blistering, 17-6 start.

In 2009, we were a mere 10-10, in third place, four games behind Toronto, and three behind Boston, which had just lambasted us in three straight up in Fenway.

In fact, that year we lost our first eight games against the Sox, before winning nine of our last ten against them.

So there.

5 comments:

KD said...

Yes, yes. all true, I'm sure. it's a little disquieting to be behind the 8-ball so damn early. I'm very glad we have you, Hoss, and your sense of history.

Leinstery said...

Yesterday I said that John may have predicted Baker Mayfield to the Jets. Today I see that the Browns might draft him. What if my interpretation of the Oracle at the Delphi broadcast booth was wrong? What if John was predicting the first overall pick? He was so shocked by what he saw that he just blurted it out. Either way, Browns or Jets and John can see into the future and has been able to predict baseball this whole time.

13bit said...

83 wins.

ranger_lp said...

It's just apples and apples....

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.