Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Brian Cashman is Bored

Yep.

Here is our Maximum Leader's quote on the "Baseball" in London farce:

"It breaks up the monotony."

Monotony?  Making $5 million a year to run a major-league team?  The greatest team what ever was, in the greatest city in America?

Hmm, maybe that's what that sordid affair a few years ago was all about:  another effort to break up the "monotony."  Or the elf rappelling.

But in fairness, when you think about it, it MUST be monotonous:

—Day in, day out, coming up with new false compliments to lavish upon HAL.

—Month in, month out, finding some new way to get rid of whatever meager talent you've managed to somehow develop in the farm system.

—Year in, year out, identifying yet another "big arm" that will break down as soon as you get it to the Bronx.

And the staffer!  Don't get me started on how boring it must be to find yet another incompetent trainer/coach-who-will-make everyone worse!

Yeah, I could see where that would be a grind.  Off to the British Museum!

15 comments:

Carl J. Weitz said...

Why does idiot Boone insist on batting Hicks # 3. Yesterday, he had him batting seventh which is the highest in the order he should hit.

JM said...

We're winning.

Rufus said...

Another football (American) score

TheWinWarblist said...

I'm okay with this score.


Fuck you Hal.

TheWinWarblist said...

Cashman makes $5 million? A YEAR!?


FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU HAL!!!

Beauregard Jackson Pickett Burnside said...

I’m bored too.

13bit said...

Kim Sung Hal is wearing his big boy pants.

They brought a Superball to England.

Two roads diverged in the Bronx and

I took the one less traveled via EZ Pass.

~ Wally Frost Bukowski

TheWinWarblist said...

Boone's lack of acumen at managing a bullpen makes me doubt that he has ever seen the game played.


FUCK YOU HAL FUCK YOU HAL FUCK YOU HAL ...

TheWinWarblist said...

Buttkowski.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

This series is like the waiting room for a day of multiple Dr.'s office visits.

The only good news is I can listen to John and Suzyn over the ESPN horrors.

HoraceClarke66 said...

LET THE RIVER FLOW!

LET ALL THE DREAMERS WAKE THE NATION!

Now let's get the f*** out of England!

Rufus T. Firefly said...

verbal diarrhea from the ESPN crew now.

King Jon said...


­I­ ­b­o­u­g­h­t­ ­s­u­b­s­c­r­i­p­t­i­o­n­ ­o­n­ ­ NFLTVNOW­ .­ ­f­o­r­ ­2­9­.­4­0­$­/­y­e­a­r­ ­a­n­d­ ­I ­a­m­ ­w­a­n­t­i­n­g­ ­e­v­e­r­y­ ­N­F­L­ ­G­a­m­e­ ­L­i­v­e­ ­i­n­ ­o­n­l­i­n­e ­­­H­D­. ­I­ ­c­a­n­ ­e­x­t­r­a­o­r­d­i­n­a­r­i­l­y­ ­r­e­ e­n­d­ i­t­ ­f­o­r­ ­y­o­u­ ­i­f­ ­y­o­u­ a­r ­i­n­ ­w­o­r­k­ ­o­r­ ­m­e­r­e­l­y­ ­d­o­ ­n­o­t­ ­h­a­v­e­ ­T­V­ ­a­r­o­u­n­d­ ­y­o­u­. ­ NFLTVNOW­ .­ i­s ­t­h­e­ ­b­e­s­t­ ­T­v­ ­b­r­o­a­d­c­a­s­t­e­r­ ­o­f­ ­t­h­i­s­ ­y­e­a­r­.

Mark Luice said...


You can watch all 256 games live or on-demand, National Football League Red Zone, NFL Network 24/7, the entire NFL Films Archive, and much more.
nflstreaming online works on Computer, Laptop, Tablet, Android, iPhone, iPad, Xbox, Smart TV :) Get Visite Here Now watch National Football League live- NFLQHDTV .COM

NFLQHDTV

NFLQHDTV .COM

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.