Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Monday, June 17, 2019

So, 13Bit Had This Idea...


13Bit, esteemed contributor to this blog, had a great idea for an It Is High, It Is Far, It Is... caught get together at Yankee Stadium.

I liked the concept so much, I wrote him offline to tell him so.  We began a correspondence, mulled it over, and kicked around a few ideas.  Then we met in a bar not too far away from Yankee Stadium where we really started to put a fine point on it.


After a few hours of intense brainstorming, it was getting towards lunch so we switched over from beer to Manhattans.  This inspired move allowed us to see what was truly needed to make it easier for all IIHIIFIIc readers to join us: We needed a website, so we created one.  I am proud to introduce:




If you visit the spankin' new site, you'll find all the info you need to join us that day.  Here's the gist of it:

IDEA: Attend a home Yankees game with a few of the people you jabber online with.
DATE: Monday, the 12th of August.

TIME: 1:05pm DAY GAME
OPPONENT: Baltimore Orioles
The above is just a summary so please read through all the info on the website.  After that, think it over for 4 seconds, maybe clear it with your better half, and then click the big red "Register Now" button.

We need you to do this so we can get a decent guess at a headcount to learn if we qualify for any group discounts.  13Bit will take care of getting them all in one transaction so we can all sit together.  The cost will essentially be the price of a ticket.  I'm biased, but I think 13Bit has come up with a great idea.

So, come on out, put a screen name with a face, watch the game, drink a beer, debate the pressing issues of the day (e.g., "Is Cashman a genius or Inspector Clouseau?"), and generally have a good time.


Please join us.


17 comments:

JM said...

I wish I could be there. At game time I'll probably be well into the Gruener Veltliener and homemade schnapps at our favorite Salzburg spirits purveyor, Sporer. It closes by 7 but opens at lunch time. So you leave in plenty of time for dinner.

But I will be thinking of everyone and also the Yanks. Unless I'm too drunk to remember.

Local Bargain Jerk said...


JM,

I'm hoping this isn't the last time we do this. For future reference, do you travel abroad every summer at the same time or is this a one-off?

JM said...

We go every year, but it varies a little exactly when. Last year we went a week or two earlier. But I'm sure there will be other opportunities.

TheWinWarblist said...

Monday?? I can't do a Monday. I thought it was going to be a Wednesday matinée?

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Winnie,

It is an afternoon game. Replay of a rainout.

LBJ and Bitty,

I can't do fancy photo shop like you two experts. Is it ok if I just show up in Groucho glasses?

Anonymous said...

HAHA..

LOVE THE SITE, LBJ. (..BUT I MISS THE PICTURE OF ESTHER ROLLE)...

WISH I COULD BE THERE.

13bit said...

First, I have to say - LBJ's account is basically the truth. All things get muddied up through the prism of history, but he has the basic facts down.

Second, I cannot think him enough for helping out and doing the website, etc. It would just be a circa 1993 email listserv without him.

Third, Winnie, my heart is breaking. Can't you call in sick? Next year - if we're all still here, we'll consult you first.

Fourth, I keep thinking about tee shirts, but I have a lot on my plate now and may not get to it.

Fifth, you always have to have five items on a list.

Sixth, Thanks a second time to LBJ for helping to make this happen.

Seventh, more will be revealed.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Well, what were the original choices again? I would switch to a Wednesday to accommodate The Warbler.

HoraceClarke66 said...

And I am registered now, right guys?

el duque said...

I am trying to convince Mustang to come with me from Syracuse.

Local Bargain Jerk said...


I'll help you, Duque:

Mustang.  You should go.



My work here is done.

TheWinWarblist said...

One cannot just call in sick when one is a senior member of a medical practice. I will investigate my options.

13bit said...

I understand that. It was just my inner slacker crying out in the wilderness.

As for Mustang, if I bring a copy of "The Wrong Earth" for him to sign, would that convince him, or would that cause him to run the other way? I don't really want to carry anything to the stadium, but I'll do whatever it takes to ensure a quorum.

Ken of Brooklyn said...

I've officially registered after making contact with the esteemed 13bit<<< BLESS YOU my friend for making all of this happen!
And LBJ, TREMENDOUS work on the site, WOWWOWOW!
I'm literally counting the days when we can all meet in person, it's going to be a BLAST!

TheWinWarblist said...

And none of you are going to say anything? None?

BernBabyBern said...

While my contributions to the blog have been limited this season ... this sounds like fun. I've registered.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.