Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Fun Facts from Over the Pond!

Did you know that the best team in England is the London Mets???

It's true!  "Mets" being an abbreviation here for "Metaphors"!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/26/sports/yankees-red-sox-london-.html

Oh, all right, it's an abbreviation for "Meteors."

But...Bonus Fun Fact!

The London Mets could beat the New York Mets!

It's true!

Today, the Mets blew their fifth straight game in which they had a multi-run lead!  No team has done that in the major leagues since...the 2011 New York Mets!

Other teams in England that could beat the Mets:

Tottenham Hot Spur
The Arsenal Gunners
Wolverhampton
Leeds United
Man City
Man U
Man U Too Buddy

Yes, they are all soccer teams!  But they could still...beat the Mets!



8 comments:

Rufus T. Firefly said...

What? No cricket news?

Blimey! You're insufferable, I tell you!

https://www.cricketworldcup.com/

Our fellow convict colony, the Ozzies appear to be in first place, but don't trust those Indians after they got out from the Raj.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

It appears that the world cup is limited overs matches.

Wouldn't want your best bowler throwing out his arm.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Britain's finest 'hard' news daily is following all the action. Absolutely titillating. Some of the other sections more so.

A splendid publication worthy of in-depth perusal. Also info on bookies and call girls. They cover other sports besides cricket. And have frequent topless photos that may or may not be photoshopped.

https://dailysport.co.uk/sport/cricket-world-cup-2019-the-impact-players/




Anonymous said...

I HAVE BEEN WHISTLING THE MET THEME SONG WHILE IN MY CAR, DAILY LATELY.

I'M NOT KIDDING....

LIFE IS GOOD.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Meet the Mets
Beat the Mets
Step right up and cleat the Mets
Because the Mets are really missing the ball
Hitting a wall
Coming up small
East Side
West Side
They're a bunch of clowns
And that's your New York Mets!

Anonymous said...

I always thought it was;

Meet the Mets
Greet the Mets
Step right up defeat the the Mets

Bring your kiddies
Bring your wife
They will have the laugh of their life

Because the Mets are always missing the ball
knocking them-selves into the wall...

East Side
West Side
They're the biggest jokes in town.
So come and meet the New York Mets
They're New York's clowns.

(I suppose the words are somewhere on the web but this is what I remember.)

Doug K.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Excellent, Doug K.!

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.