Wednesday, June 3, 2009

IIH scouting mission set for Thursday ... so Yankees, here's my offer

I'm making my first scouting mission to the new digs Thursday.

I got thinking about ways I can help the club, to do my part, and here's what I came up with. I know that Yankees are embarrassed by the empty seats up close. My tickets, in the upper deck, are located approximately 6.2 miles from their actual playing field.

For the good of the team, I'd be willing to sacrifice the brisk, healthy mountain air, and instead fill up some of those $2,600 empty seats. All you need to do, Yankees, is leave me a block of four of those things and we'll make it look like real people an actually get seats within the same Zip Code as the playing field.

I know there may be a problem. See, my group would actually cheer, and someone in the group might actually try to get an autograph. I know those things are frowned upon now. Business casual is the preferred dress, and distracting things like cheering can be so annoying.

Still, if you are looking to reduce the number of those empty seats, I'll take one for the team ... actually, I'll take four for the team. Just let me know Wednesday. Looking forward to hearing from you.

5 comments:

She-Fan said...

I'm going on 6/17 and I, too, will offer to take the empty seats off their hands. And what a great offer it is. Not only would I cheer, but I'd be willing to risk a foul ball in the head or even a flying bat. No risk whatsoever in the nosebleeds.

Anonymous said...

Im in the legends seating. We got a packet of free tickets from the Yankees to sell or give away to help fill the seats.

I ripped them up into small pieces and threw them at a blind orphan with a roll of tape.

If I see any bloggers in my section Ill never buy tickets again. Im warning you.

BernBabyBern said...

You know, it would be good for the country, too. People will see the expensive seats filling up, and they'll think the economy must be turning around. Consumer confidence will go up ... people will start buying things again, including cars, thus saving GM from collapse ... companies will start hiring people again ... the stock market will soar, and people's 401Ks will recoup all those losses from a year ago ... seeing all this, the terrorists will get discouraged and give up ... etc., etc., etc.

So, Yankees, do the patriotic thing ... help save America by giving me good seats! (And give some to She-Fan, too, to help keep the nation's recovery going)

The Ghost of Scott Brosius said...

Been to the new place twice. I like to think I reversed the karma of it. On opening day, Damon caught a fly ball about 2 feet from the wall getting CC out of a bases loaded jam. Damon threw it into the stands, and the blowhard behind me, already on my nerve for telling me to sit down when I was clapping with two strikes, proceded to catch the ball, fight with it over a kid who I think had some issues. He then proceeds to call everybody in his phone book saying how he caught the ball. The Yankees went down 1,2,3 that inning and the next inning was the 9 run 7th.

The next time I went, I got the same hook-up seats in left. I wasa there for batting practice (the first where they let the fans somewhat close to the field) and tracked down a "text message from Teixeira." I turn around and see a little 6 year old kid, flip him the ball, and go on my way. That was the game against the Twins where Melky hit his game-winning walk-off single and the Voice hit his highest warble.

Case in point, those "Legends Suites" are still showing up to the game. Madoff didn't totally ruin them, just enough to make them sit somewhere else. The Yankees are hoping those fans get over it and start ponying up for those empty seats. So wherever you're sitting, be prepared for the "no-fun-allowed" schtick.

ghost said...

And please excuse my rambling as well.