Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Monday, April 12, 2021

Meaningless Stuff...


 I just want to go on record with this:  Jay Bruce should be retired from baseball.

And the question now surfaces: with Odor at second and DJ at first, is Voit now a back-up?  

Seriously, we know that DJ is the best option we have at first.  He is so good, that he reduces errors from Torres and everyone else. 

Also, with DJ's long-term contract, he can probably play it out productively at first base. Not so likely at second.  It makes a lot of sense to commit to DJ as our "first choice " first baseman. 

The infield, in theory, becomes hugely upgraded, assuming Odor is a good second baseman...a huge fairy tale idea.  Is there any "book" on this guy, other than he once hit 30 HRs somewhere and no one wanted him, despite that production?

One of these days, right after Michael Kay mentions how : " great " the Yankees bullpen has been, it will give up an 8 run lead to the Orioles.

Every time I hear the phrase, " okay, everyone please line-up for your shots..."  I keep thinking I have walked into my dream bar. 


8 comments:

HoraceClarke66 said...

Totally agree, Dauntless Leader.

And even though The Gleyber is now on a 0 HR, 18 RBI pace for the season, are we really going to keep pretending he is the shortstop of the future?

Shaggy Breeches seems like a typical Brain digression, designed to show us mostly what a brain he is.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, getting Jay Bruce was a mistake. Is he any better than Mike Ford? Ford is the same type hitter, with probably a better glove at 1B. And even though Gardner has played well so far (with the exception of the base running blunder in Tampa that almost cost us that sole win), is he really the better option than Estevan Florial? Is it really necessary to send down Tyler Wade? They're erring on the side of keeping older players. I think it will turn out to be another big mistake.

The Hammer of God

DickAllen said...

Miracle upon miracles:

Goober Hicks is NOT in the lineup tonight!

Stanton and Judge hitting back to back! No one on this blog has ever thought of this idea!

Did the Yankees hire a real manager?!?!?!?

DickAllen said...

Oh, and while I’m on the subject, shame on you Alphonso! ( I cleaned that sentiment up a great deal)

NEVER, EVER WILL I BE ASHAMED OF WEARING THE INTERLOCKING NY!

AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU, YOU FRONT RUNNER!

You should be drawn and quartered for saying so.

Or be forced to wear a Pirates cap for the rest of the season!

And there are a great many more words - unprintable words - I would like to use for such treason. But this being a family-friendly site, I will refrain.

Motherfucker.

TheWinWarblist said...

Dick!? C'mon! Pirates cap!? That's harsh.

HoraceClarke66 said...

I'm sure our Dauntless Leader will take such criticism in the spirit in which it is intended!

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.

Nitish Kumar said...


LOTTO, lottery,jackpot.
Hello all my viewers, I am very happy for sharing this great testimonies,The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how I win the lottery euro million mega jackpot. I am a Woman who believe that one day I will win the lottery. finally my dreams came through when I email believelovespelltemple@gmail.com and tell him I need the lottery numbers. I have spend so much money on ticket just to make sure I win. But I never know that winning was so easy until the day I meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, . so I decide to give it a try.I contacted this great Dr Believe and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out I was among winners. I win 30,000 million Dollar. Dr Believe truly you are the best, all thanks to you forever