Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Let’s talk fixes… (#4 will blow your mind)

We all know that this is a poorly constructed team helmed by a PR guy and run by a GM and owner who are clearly interested in other things. That’s how you end up with no shortstop and three second basemen. That’s how you end up with guys being proposed as back ups in positions they played a couple of times in high school. 

I’m not going to waste anyone’s time with fire Brain or Boone or sell the team because that’s not going to happen. However, there are some things that can and should…

1) Gittens

There is ZERO reason why Boone should ever make a remark like, “Well he has to learn to play the position” about anyone. Right now, Jay Bruce can’t hit or field. Maybe Gittens won’t be able to hit in majors (I think he will BTW) but at a minimum he is an actual 1st baseman. No learning curve. So cut Bruce and add Gittens.

So, this is about the service time clock? If so… fuck you.  Bring him up!

2) Odor

Why is this guy on the team? I don’t care if he goes 5/5 today and hits 3HRs. They sent Wade down? The only guy capable of pinch running in the 10th and scoring from second on a single?  Our actual back up short stop?  I’m not a huge Wade fan like some of you but Wade makes WAY more sense than Odor.  Dump him. 

3) Garcia

They just sent German to the Winchester Mystery House or Guantanamo or wherever these guys go. So, when it’s time to bring up a pitcher again it has to be Garcia.

And  last but not least

4) The Kangaroo

Who is the Kangaroo? It’s not a who, it's a what. It’s the Kangaroo Court. Bring back fines for fucking up.  Error on a catchable ball 25K.  Failure to attempt a bunt at least once when everyone is on one side of the infield? 25K.  Make it hurt. Give the money to charity. Hell, the way they’re playing they could probably build a wing at Montefiore Hospital.

Gardy can be the Judge. I’d let Judge be the Judge, but he seems soft plus I wouldn’t want him to pull something while swinging the gavel.


I'm open to other suggestions even if the front office is not. 


 


16 comments:

Dandy Prof said...

"plus I wouldn’t want him to pull something while swinging the gavel."

Ouch! Wouldn't hurt so much if there wasn't even a whiff of truth about this.

Dr B said...

Mike Ford would be better then Bruce. Bag of balls would too. There’s no better shortstop for the Yankees ? No where? But just like Gary Sanchize isn’t going anywhere neither is Glaboring at short. Shame. Waiting the windows of opportunity with Cole.

13bit said...

Yes, all of the above, BUT...

We can STILL fire Brain, Boone and Bhagdad Bob.

AND we can sell the team.

AND cure all illness.

AND feed the poor.

Doctor Olu told me so...

JM said...

Doug once again brings up logical moves that would be taken if the management of the team cared about winning. Which is obviously not the case.

JM said...

By the way, without the bizarre beard Odor actually looks... likable.

How about that?

Anonymous said...

I would've brought up Estevan Florial. What the hell? Is he really going to be any worse than anyone else in this group?

Thairo Estrada has been traded for a bag of money. WTF? He's going to be a good player somewhere, maybe even end in Tampa one day. I wouldn't be surprised. At least get a decent outfield prospect or a draft pick or two, for Pete's sake. A bag of money???!!! I don't know how much money, but it better be a lot.

The Hammer of God

Rufus T. Firefly said...

They gave LePew Sir Didi's number.

The death barge's way of saying: "Fuck you, fans"

OK, back to watching Hogan's Heroes reruns.

HoraceClarke66 said...

YES! YES! YES!

Gleyber has driven in a run! And an important one!

I can die a happy man now.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Totally agree, Dr. B: Yes, Ford managed 20 games in the Plague Year that actually made Gary Sanchez look good by comparison.

On the other hand, he had 59 games in the 2019 season that made Stanton look bad by comparison. So now he's toast, never to be given another chance, even when the alternatives are playing Ragnar Shaggy Breeches and Jay Bruce? C'mon!


HoraceClarke66 said...

Also, loved the click-bait satire, Doug K: "Number 4 Will Blow Your Mind." Hilarious!

HoraceClarke66 said...

So why do we have 57 guys in the pen if Chad Green has to go back out for a third inning?

ranger_lp said...

Nobody plays fundamental baseball anymore...mistakes that I would never see when I played Little League...

ranger_lp said...

At least for today...Odor doesn't stink...

Publiys said...

Anyone elze notice Clint Frazier DNP'd for a second straight game? He should sue the Yankees for tortious interference with a promising career. Lost wages, punitive damages, the works.

Anonymous said...

Pubilys wins the award for the comment of the week. Cashman and Boone seem fixated on destroying Frazier.

Nitish Kumar said...


LOTTO, lottery,jackpot.
Hello all my viewers, I am very happy for sharing this great testimonies,The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how I win the lottery euro million mega jackpot. I am a Woman who believe that one day I will win the lottery. finally my dreams came through when I email believelovespelltemple@gmail.com and tell him I need the lottery numbers. I have spend so much money on ticket just to make sure I win. But I never know that winning was so easy until the day I meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, . so I decide to give it a try.I contacted this great Dr Believe and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out I was among winners. I win 30,000 million Dollar. Dr Believe truly you are the best, all thanks to you forever