Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Prayer for the Yankees


Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord Phil Hughes to keep.

If Wang should die before I wake,
I pray no Cleveland trade we make,

If Boston hears that siren cry,
I pray they land that C.C. guy,

And when they sign him there to stay,
I pray his elbow starts to fray.

But when teams call, O, hear me, Lord,
I pray Montero stays onboard.

And though it's true we must improve,
I pray that Melky doesn't move.

And though his outings were not long,
I pray that Ian comes back strong.

I pray no deals we make this night.
Except Igawa... that's all right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally, a prayer that has a prayer.

Alibi Ike said...

I'm stealin' it, duque.